Pregnancy Expert Forum
9 weeks bleeding

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

9 weeks bleeding
hi i am 9 weeks 6 days pregnant and three days ago i started having brown blood. except yesterday where i had a bit of red blood. im not in any pain but am a little worried could i be miscarrying.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to notify me right away with any red blood.  I am not usually concerned about brownish discharge.  I DO like to bring my patients in for an ultrasound though if the bleeding becomes reddish.  I like to verify that the fetal heart is beating and the due date is correct.
Good luck!
Dr B
I wouldn't worry to much unless its a heavy flow like a period. Call your ob just to make sure. In your early months its normal to have some spotting especially around your usual cycle time. If you don't have an ob yet you can always go top the er and have an ultrasound done just to ease your mind. I'm at 7weeks 4 days and this my 2nd and I had that same problem with this pregnancy and my 1st. Every things been good with both. Try not to stress to much I hope this helps :)
thank you that does help this is my second pregnancy but i never had tgis with the first.
I went through the same thing at 8 weeks and at 9 wks they did an ultrasound and found that I have complete posterior previa (placenta covering the cervix). I was told to take it easy, no sex and no lifting over 15lbs.  I would definitely say you need to see your doctor if you bleed at all and get it checked out. Hope that helps!
thanks for the advice it had helpef till today when i had a big blob of brown sticky stuff. i cant go to my doctors till tomorrow so i hope its nothing i havent had any pains though.