Pregnancy Expert Forum
AM I PREGNANT

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

AM I PREGNANT

I AM 28 AND HAVE NO CHILDREN I AM TRYING TO CONCEIVE I KEEP GETTING CYST ON MY OVERIES THEY KEEP MOVING BACK AND FOURTH SO I DON'T KNOW IF THAT PART OF THE PROBLEM HOWEVER THE FIRST DAY OF MY LAST PERIOD WAS JULY 25TH MY HUSBAND AND I HAD SEX ON JULY 27TH UNPROTECTED HE CAME IN ME AND ALSO ON AUGUST 4TH AND HE CAME IN ME NOW I AM SPOTTING OFF AND ON AND HAVING A THICK MILKY DISCHARGE AND I JUST FEEL WEIRD AND MY TASTE BUDS ARE GONE BUT I AM ALSO GETTING OVER A BAD COLD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME  

The best time to have sex is around the time you are ovulating (when one of the ovaries releases an egg).  In women who have regular cycles, ~28 days, this occurs about on day 14.  In that case a couple would want to begin to have intercourse every other day beginning on cycle day 9 or 10 (day one being the first day of your menses).  Also, there are kits available over the counter that can help you predict when you are ovulating.

Best of luck,

Dr. Downing
i would say take a preg test and see what it says
I recently discontinued the depo shot, I was on it for about 2 1/2 years and I read about how I wouldn't get pregnant for about a year. I am irregular with my periods and I haven't got my period for about a month I took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive so I went to the doctor and took another one and this one came out negative, my breast have been really sore lately and I get stomach cramps quite often can I still be pregnant? When is the earliest to find out for sure if I am?
Im 5 and a 1/2 weeks late and i took a htp about 8 o clock at night and it came up negetive and a hour later it showed positive am i pregnant?
Me and my fiance have been tryin to concieve (conceive) for the past three months.  Every month I got my period on the 18th with no weird symptoms.  On the other hand I still have a few days before my period and i have been experiencing a few things that have me wondering if this could be it.  I have an increased appitite, but everytime I eat even a little bit I'm not full but I feel like I'm about to explode.  (if that makes sence).  Constant urination, I will be just fine than feel a sudden urge to urinate and have to b-line it to the bathroom.  Back pain, just to yawn can cause a little pain to shoot through my spine. And my breasts have always been, how to say this...  Umm, strong, is that the word, anyways they are able to endure a lot of preasure, but yesterday and today just to give my man a huge would make my breasts sore and tender.  And last but not least the taste in my mouth.  I can't put my finger on it exactly, its almost like when you vomit and you taste stomach acid but this is constant, it affects the tastes of food and liquids and I have been producing lots of saliva when once I would have dry mouth all the time that last week I constantly feel liquidy saliva fill my mouth.  

I'm not sure if this is pregnancy symptoms or maybe pre-menstral but I am hoping to get some help from those of you who have maybe gone through this before.  If you have any comments please post, it would be greatly appreciated.  and I know I should just take a test but I want to wait to see if I am late or anything first.
Hi eveyone:
I am 5 weeks pregnant and I had some spotting and little bleeding . So my doctor did hcg and progestrone .My hcg levels are low it is 212 and progestrone is 8.9. They repeat my blood work today and I will get my results tomorrow. I have started prometrium 100mg once daily since today.But before I started  prometrium -  I was having little bleeding yesterday and still pregnancy test was positive I passed very small amount of clot today ........do you think that It will be miscaragge or are there any chance to continue pregnancy.Please suggest me something what you will do in this situation.

Manju
Please help.  I have been keeping track of my cycles, ovulating days etc.  for the past year.  My last ovulation date was August 4.  I recently broke up with my boyfriend :-( but have had sex with him and coincidentally it was on Aug. 4.  While things were going well for us he was always very careful about being careful and pulling out and I would go to the restroom right away and so on.  Well on that very day, August 4, he did not pull out (for whatever reason).  He did not know that day was my ovulating day but I did.  I've been wanting a baby since I was 25, I'm now 32.  It would be a blessing to me if I am pregnant.  It's only been 11 days since we had sex but I have been feeling very sick these last few days.  I've been nauseous (puked a couple of times), tired and today I feel my breasts getting tender.  I've had two miscarriages in the year 2000 and remember thinking back then that I felt like I had a constant hangover as far as the sickness was concerened. and I feel the same this time as well.  Even though it's only been 11 days since we had sex I took an ept test and it came out negative.  Is it possible that I tested too early and the pregnancy is not showing up on the test or do I want a baby so bad that it's all in my head and I'm making myself sick???  I can't just ignore the symptoms can I????  PLEASE HELP
Don't you let him put that nasty thing inside of you as it will spit all over you.
hey everyone! i wanted to kno if any1 could help me...i am almost a week late for my period and i have been having many signs of pregnancy.  my last period was last month july 10th and 2 weeks after i had very light brown spotting but only when i wiped i would see it...then a week later and still i have been havin non stop clear sometimes whitish discharge like crazy and my breasts have been sore on and off and they just feel even bigger and heavier  and i noticed some like small bumps or pimple like things on my breasts by my nipples...i have been so exhausted lately like last weekend all i did was sleep and when i thought i had some energy i just would get tired all of a sudden...i have been peeing a lot and its so annoyin lol especially in the middle of the night...the other day i felt nausueas(srry cant spell it) ive been gettin some headaches and my lower back has been botherin me on n off....i did take 3 tests and all came up neg...just wanted to see what u guys think i would love the advice....n i havent been using protection w my bf either....plze help thanks all!
I had a miscarriage over a year a go... and they did the dnc. My period was on time after that and very heavy. not normal for me... and for the past 4 months i have been late every single month. I just got married last  month and had unprotected sex, but he didnt come inside, he always pulls out. this month I am late 7 days, my breasts are not sore.. my nipples feel a little more sensitive than normal.. i have had this weird lower back pain for a few days now. and light cramping, more annoying than pain... i cant sleep with the lower back and hip pain....could I be pregnant or is it all in my head????
I miscarried on Aug. 8th at 5 weeks and think I passed everything naturally.  Most of my symptoms are gone except that I am still tired all of the time.  My breasts still feel bigger but not tender anymore.  Is this normal?
I miscarried around the same time. I was approx. 6 weeks. My symptoms started going away but now I am feeling sick again after I eat and in the late evenings, staying more tired, and just a few things like that. My breast never did get sore tho. But I am still having some cramps in my lower abdomen. It kinda feels like on my right ovary. I don't know if it's common to feel like that or if I could be pregnant again. Have you have unprotected intercourse after miscarrying? I heard you are more fertile and can conceive within 2 weeks of miscarrying. Some women even said they were pregnant again within one week. Hope this helps alil cuz I am still confused myself! : )
Girl, your pregnant!  For some reason it's just not showing up yet.  But eventually it will.  I'm going throught the same thing.  EVERYTHING in my body is telling me pregnancy but the test is telling me negative.  My last period was in June.  I've been reading different forums and some women said their tests didn't show up positive until 3, 4, and 5 months!  Good luck to you and I hope it all works out.
my husband and i have been trying for a baby for 4 months now and the last time i was at me most fertile was 27th july, we tried then and every day after then too. i had a period 2 weeks later but for the last five days i have had a sore lower stomach, could i be pregnant?
heres my story. my last period was on june 4th, and i haven't had one since. every month i feel like i'm gonna get my period but never do. i have pregnancy symptoms on and off. i took 4 hpts and all of them came back negative. i don't know what to do. then last night my bf and i had sex and when i went to clean up i saw alot of creamy white vaginal discharge . i don't know what to do . any suggestions?
Help someone!! I have been having what I think are pregnancy symptoms for the past two weeks. My breasts/nipples are tender & sensitive, I eat more than usual, my boyfriend says I've been having moodswings, I'm tired earlier in the day than usual, and certain smells make me gag (tuna, baked chicken). The reason I said think is because though I've been having these symptoms, I just had my period. So does that mean I'm not pregnant? At first I thought it was implantation bleeding but then the bleeding got heavier than a normal period. I'm still having the pregnancy symptoms though. I'm so confused. Should I take a pregnancy test? Some people have told me that it is possible to have a period and still be pregnant and that just confused me even more. Help anyone? PLEASE!
I would take a test if I were you, but 1/6 women miscarry. It could be possible u had an early miscarriage. They say a lot of women miscarry and didn't even know they were pregnant. I did have a friend that had her period almost the whole time she was pregnant tho. I think she had it until she was 7 months. I don't know how much bleeding she had tho. I just don't think it would be normal to have heavy bleeding and still be pregnant. But who knows?! I am not an expert. : )  I just had a miscarriage August 10th am hoping I am pregnant again. I never did pass any big clots cuz I was only 6 weeks pregnant and the baby never started growing. I never did have major cramping with the miscarriage either. Are you wanting to be pregnant?!
How are you feeling now? After the miscarriage I have had unprotected sex but I don't think I ovulated again because I can usually tell when I do. I don't know I think I'm just to anxious about everything. I guess all we can do is wait for the next cycle right?
Yes, I am wanting to be pregnant. Very much so.
I have a question. I'm not due to start my cycle for a week and a half. I have had some small pinkish brown spotting today and the last couple days I have felt really weird. I have been really tired, having some mild cramping, low back pain, and I just want to sit around and cry. I have never felt like this before. Could I be pregnant?
I kinda feel like I did before I found out I was pregnant the first time. I am getting dizzy spells when I stand up, my face is breaking out (I hardly ever get pimples)  I smoke and my cigarettes are starting to taste nasty, getting nauseas in the late evenings. I also had a clear watery discharge about a week ago. We have been having unprotected sex since like the 12th or 13th. The dr. said not to be we didn't listen.. : ) So it has almost been 4 weeks so I should have ovulated by now. I have never kept up with it so I really don't know when I do. I had been on bc for like 5 years and came off of it like the first of June and found out I was like 5 weeks pregnant Aug. 3rd. So I would say I am pretty fertile. I took a hpt today and it came back negative so I am just hoping I am to early to show up yet. I guess all we can do is hold our heads up keep a positive mind. I hope the best to both of ya'll. It helps me talking to women who are going through the same. : )
CocaColaRedBone If you haven't told anybody you think you are I wouldn't just yet. It makes it alot harder having to go back and tell everyone you aren't or miscarried. Just think of it this way. If ya'll aren't pregnant you always can try for another one..
Hi I am 28 years old and I am trying to conceive after having and abortion in 2003, I was due for my period on the 28 August 2007, but no period, I am having menstrual cramps and I am having them for the past 2 days now, I have tender and swollen breast, feeling dizzy and also had nausea , can I be still pregnant, what can I do about these cramps?
Please help  can I take pain killers for the cramps, I have not take  HPT  till now as I want to wait till another day. Pleas help.
If you think that you may be pregnant don't take painkillers!... Take Tylenol...
I think i might be pregnant I'm not sure i have not taken a test yet. A  thick liquid comes out of my vagina is that a sign that I'm pregnant?
me and my husband have been trying for 10 months to make a baby and nothing yet.we have doen everyting under the sun that we can think of and still nothing.please help
I have a question to anyone...I just had a baby May 30th via c-section and I got my period July 29th and it was normal.  Well I have and it is Sept 3rd now and nothing!  I know after having a baby every thing gets screwed up and it takes a long time to get normal again.  But I took a pregnancy test yesterday just in case and it came up neg.  However with my son I took 2 tests after 2 weeks of not getting my period and I even went to the dr and they said NOPE...but after over a month I ended up taking another test and I was pregnant.  I'm really freaking out because I have a 3 month old now?  Am I just being paranoid????
Hey girl,
I think we are on the same boat!
My hubby and I had sex during my last ovulation and I've been experiencing typical prenancy symptoms for the last week (dizzy, nauseaous, tingly and sore breats, general 'not normal' feeling and migrane (migraine) headaches for the past three days).  My regular period is due in a couple days but I got my period this morning.  The period looks normal, however I'm still experiencing the above noted symptoms especially the nausea and dizziness, although my sore breast is now just tender.  Hoping it is Implantation Bleeding, I was doing some research on the net and based on the posting from this site and others, I'm still remail hopeful.  I'm waiting to see if the bleeding stops to take a HPT...I'm curious to know what happeded in your case!  My partner tells me my symptoms are the result of wishful thinking, however I don't think this is the case.....it's hard to imagine all of the above obvious symptoms in your head!  
I'm also beginning to think it i've miscarried...Since its only been just 5 hours since the bleeding started, I'm waiting to do the test. Thanks.
My last period was three weeks ago ive gained alittle weight since then maybe a pound but this period was really weird... it wasnt as heavy as normal and now ive been bleeding since my period stopped. Not really enough to notice but i can tell.. what could this be?? PLEASE HELP!! plus im only 17
I didn't had a proper intercourse with my partner but we had it with our clothes on that is with a jeans and panty on 4 months back.I would like to know if i am pregnant or not and for your information i got my periods everymonth till now but they were a bit earlier as the used to be.I sometimes feel like vomitting but it does not comes out and i have gained a little weight around my stomach area .I have done home tests and their result was negative.
Can i still be pregnant??  After how many months it becomes visible near the belly area??

no is no way you can get pregnant with your jeans on if you only had on underwear then you could if there was enough sperm to get through your underwear but no you cant get pregnant with your clothes on.
Just a quick question: can you have sex while your pregnant or should you wait? is it dangerous?
I am due to start my period today but nothing has happend yet. Ofr the past two weeks I have had creamy white discharge and yesterday I had heavy discharge. I have been going to the bathroom alot to the point I thought I might have a UTI because of the color of my urine. My breasts are tender, I have just wanted to cry over simple little things,I am hungry all the time and eating alot more then I am use to and food I never usually touch. Ive been getting headaches just about every night. I am exhausted all day but then cant fall asleep at night,,,,could these be signs of me being pregnant?
I forgot I am also feeling bloated so I just figured it was PMS but Ive never had it like this before for 2weeks straight. But I also went to the gyno for my annual check up and started a new birth control. The doctor told me I didnt have to wait til my period sp i started them on monday could this be a side effect?
i did urine tests at home but they gave a negative result and then i went for a Beta Hcg Blood test and the result of the counts were 0.0.
Can i still be pregnant?
The result given by my blood test is right or wrong...can this type of test give a 0.0 result?
My husband and I just found out last Thursday that we are expecting our third child! You would think being a third time mom I would have no concerns, but yesturday I started what appears to be a normal period for me and I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and was really dizzy. The whole room was spinning as if I were really drunk. Here it is 9:20 a.m and i'm at work with the same symptoms. I've never been this dizzy before with previous pregancies and have also never had a period while pregnant. I'm really worried, but the doctor say's that it sounds normal. Is this normal?
Can I get pregnant three days before my period? I came on my period aug 10th went off aug 15th me and him had sex three days before my cycle and only once after he never came in me how am i now five weeks pregnant?
hi there i dont know if yoou can help i am 3 days late for my period i am feeling very tired most days for the past few days i feel sick everyday mostly att around 7 pm on wards wen i stand up i go really dizzy i have also gone of sex  am i pregnant?

it's possible youo should take a test do you have any other sx. when was your last menstrual cycle and when did you ovulate. those might be able to help determine.
You usually ovulate 2 weeks after the first day you get your period. So if you had unsafe sex 3 days before your missed period, you most probably cannot get pregnant because you were not ovulating. To be 100% sure, take a pregnancy test. Keep me posted! Good luck!
I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years.  I know that everyone's different and their bodies are ready at different times for conception.  I am 13 days late and started spotting yesterday.  My husband said he could smell blood in my fluids for the last week before I started spotting.  Very strong odor from fluids.  I have been this late before and was not pregnant.  But this time it is different because I still have not started a full blown period like the last time I was this late.

I am confused and don't know what to do.  I want to get a pregnancy test but have mostly abandoned hope for a child.  We can't afford fertility treatment and my husband has health problems that I don't know if they could contribute.  

He has Cronic (chronic) Kidney Disease.  My aunt took 8 years to concieve (conceive) and that was only with fertility treatments.  Years of treatment.  She was extremely obese which is something I am not  fortunately.

HELP
you could be experiencing implantation bleeding.  wait a few more days and take a test.  good luck keep us posted.
bleeding a little more third day of spotting. The date i started spoting was 12 days late.  Today Day 14 is the third day of spotting.  I still have not started a heavy period.  If I was not pregnant shouldn't I have started a heavy period especially since I am two weeks late?  If I may be pregnant how could I avoid a miscarage?  I did some research online and found in most cases when people have implantation bleading late their risk for miscarage goes up.  I am also stressing about this.  Could this contribute to a miscarage?

I know that degriffdog said to wat a few days but what if a few days means the difference between miscarage and pregnancy?

I don't know what is going on with my body.  HELP someone please.
Another thing. My husband thinks I have had miscarages in the past when I have been late.  I thought they were just bad periods and did not think much about it at the time.  What exactly happens when you miscarry?
Hi kim have you done a test yet.2 weeks late,i would think it show defo by now,i know your frustrations,we are in same boat been trying for several years.told only hope was ivf,very expensive.so we let nature take its course,it worked,found out in aug preg,but sadly mc last week.sadly kim,other than resting,if a mc is going to happen there isnt anything you can do..firstly you need do a test before you drive yourself crazy,please post how you get on.best of luck.
Okay. I'm not the normal person that has periods every month. I have a period whenever it decides to show up. I do not use birth control.. I do not approve of it. I am sexually active and I want to say after my last period at the beginning of last month right after I had sex. Now.. within these last 2 weeks I have noticed that I can't fit my clothes anymore.. maybe because I've been washing them wrong because I can't fit my shirts either LMAO! My breasts are like swollen or tender, but like every now and then its these sharp pains that go through my nipples and I don't know why. I've been sleeping alot and like eating alot, not like HUGE but like I eat ummm about 4 to 5 times a day. I can be sitting down and feel like I need to vomit but I never do. It's like you can feel it so I sit still and take a deep breath and it goes away. I just burp and go on lol. So idk what this means. Can anyone tell me?!
im 15  years old and  im really confused me and  my boyfriend had sex and the condom split on the 24th september and he came  in me but i have  been fillign dizzy but i started to bleed last night and  im still bleeding and havign pains  and iwas sick this morning  and  im  not due on for another week and  teh pains  feel more worst then peroid pains could i be pregnant  or could it be my peroid coz i really dont no coz the  time me and my bf  had sx was on day 14 after my peroid and  i was ovulatign also and im really scared could some on plz help me ???  chelsea.***@**** could you email  me  please
you could be pregnant have you taken a hpt test yet how bad have your cramps been and how is the flow
Can anyone answer my senario?!
sounds like you might be pregnant need to take a pregnancy test to be sure you can get the dollar store brand test they work just as good as clearblue easy they detect the  hcg( human chorionic gronadotropin) hormone
With bleeding and cramping there is also a chance that it is a tubal prganancy or miscarriage which may not reveal that you are pregnant with a store test. A tubal pregnancy can be VERY dangerous to you if not treated. If the pain worsens or does not go away ( and it is worse than severe menstral cramps) You definitley need to be seen!
The senario you set up was a litytle confusing. How many days after your last period did you have sex? How unprotected was it? And how long ago was this?
Hello Everyone........
I just wondering and concern if I pregnant. This would be my first time. I'm having all the symptoms. Expecially being nausea! I hate the feeling. My bood are tender and heavier. My nippleas are opening up. and bumbs around them. does this mean I'm about to start my period? I'm not depress or anything....... I'm always tired, sleepy, moody, cranky. Why is my body changing on me. I'm only 25 years old. I'm not on any birth control. Last time I been on any birth control was last year in august. last time I had unprocted sex was august 25,07. But all my test keep showing up negative, even at the doctor. they won't give me a blood test. They telling me its my hormos. yea right. I never went through this.
It was uum the day after my last period I want to say and it was unprotected. I am married. I got my period two days ago and it started light the first day like so light it was just a couple of drops and then it picked up yesterday. I took a test yesterday morning and it was negative so I guess not or it may be because I'm on my cycle. idk.. please help
well it might be to soon to test and get an accurate reading and many women have their period even if they are pregnant. i am a certified medical assistant. you should wait about two more weeks and test again to make sure or go to your ob/ gyn and ask for a beta serum quanative hcg test to to be positive. and if you are pregnant babydust to you. if not keep trying it will happen soon enough. good luck