Pregnancy Expert Forum
Am I late or pregnant
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Am I late or pregnant

I am about three weeks late, although I had some spotting a week before my expected period during intercourse and sparingly for one week. I took three over the counter pregnancy tests and they all came out negative but I have gained about three puonds and my belly feels a little bloated. Can I be pregnant?
Related Discussions
242596_tn?1192429549
Hello,

Home pregnancy tests differ in their sensitivity (i.e., the ability to detect the hormone of pregnancy when it is present).  The most sensitive of these are First Response Early Result and Clearblue Easy Earliest Results.  The earliest either of these might detect a pregnancy would be at the time of the missed menses (generally ~two weeks after conception).  Since your tests have been negative,  wait one week and repeat it.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
4 Comments
Blank
262705_tn?1235706678
i would say try and take another test that digital test. and i would take it in the morning before you have anything to drink if you drink alot of water then that can dilute the test results. so just take in the morning what color was the spotting.
Blank
359295_tn?1285955994
I too am late. 3 days late. I have taken several test and all came back negative. My BBT is still above the coverline.  Is this a good sign?  Shouldnt the tests be able to tell me if i was preggo or not?
Blank
I am now 4 weeks late. When I was 10 days late I took a blood test at the doctor's office and it came up negative. My boobs SEEM to be growing. I am always extremely tired. Sometimes I feel sick to my stomach, but it is never that bad and never lasts that long. I feel like I have gained weight over the past month. The lab tech who took my blood test said they were extremely accurate but I have heard of some people being 8 weeks pregnant before the blood tests showed positive.
Can the HCG level blood work really be inaccurate especially when you're only 10 days late????
On Jan 14, I will be 6 weeks late (2 missed periods) and I have a doctor's appt for that day. My last period was Nov. 5....should I get another blood test done?
Blank
A related discussion, pregnant or late was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Different stories I hear on blood test being accurate. was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now