Pregnancy Expert Forum
Am I late or pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Am I late or pregnant

I am about three weeks late, although I had some spotting a week before my expected period during intercourse and sparingly for one week. I took three over the counter pregnancy tests and they all came out negative but I have gained about three puonds and my belly feels a little bloated. Can I be pregnant?

Home pregnancy tests differ in their sensitivity (i.e., the ability to detect the hormone of pregnancy when it is present).  The most sensitive of these are First Response Early Result and Clearblue Easy Earliest Results.  The earliest either of these might detect a pregnancy would be at the time of the missed menses (generally ~two weeks after conception).  Since your tests have been negative,  wait one week and repeat it.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
i would say try and take another test that digital test. and i would take it in the morning before you have anything to drink if you drink alot of water then that can dilute the test results. so just take in the morning what color was the spotting.
I too am late. 3 days late. I have taken several test and all came back negative. My BBT is still above the coverline.  Is this a good sign?  Shouldnt the tests be able to tell me if i was preggo or not?
I am now 4 weeks late. When I was 10 days late I took a blood test at the doctor's office and it came up negative. My boobs SEEM to be growing. I am always extremely tired. Sometimes I feel sick to my stomach, but it is never that bad and never lasts that long. I feel like I have gained weight over the past month. The lab tech who took my blood test said they were extremely accurate but I have heard of some people being 8 weeks pregnant before the blood tests showed positive.
Can the HCG level blood work really be inaccurate especially when you're only 10 days late????
On Jan 14, I will be 6 weeks late (2 missed periods) and I have a doctor's appt for that day. My last period was Nov. 5....should I get another blood test done?
A related discussion, pregnant or late was started.
A related discussion, Different stories I hear on blood test being accurate. was started.