Baby size worry

I'm now at 27+ 3 weeks and just had my midwife check up.

She checked size and he measured at 29cm, I've done some other searches and everywhere says the size should mirror image the number of weeks.

I'm now worried i'm going to have a large baby is this case? will i be having a 10lb baby? my first was 8lb 7.

Need peace of mind!

Hi!
First of all, the measurement with the tape is not very accurate, only a ball park that lets us know whether or not we need to begin to worry.  Secondly, babies often don't grow symmetrically, but rather in spurts.  It may be that your little one just had spurt and the next measurement will be more on track.  If your measurements continue to be big, your midwife will probably order an ultrasound for a more accurate estimate.
Good luck!
Dr B
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.