Pregnancy Expert Forum
Birth control, missed period, negative pregnancy test

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I have been on the pill for 5 months and have never missed a period until now. Last month i missed a few pills here and there but took them either several hours later or when the next pill was due to be taken. I had unprotected sex before, during, and after the time of the missed pills. I have recently been experiencing nausea, headaches, trouble sleeping, fatigue, and period like cramps but no period. i was supposed to get my period on 1/8/11 but it didnt come. i took a home pregnancy test this morning (1/13/11) and it was negative. Is it possible that i am pregnant but its just too early to tell?? Please help...
Hi!
It is possible, but probably unlikely that you are pregnant.  If you were my patient, I would NOT recommend stopping the pills UNLESS you have a positive test.  I would suggest repeating the test weekly until your next period -- which should come at the proper time if you take the pills in this pack correctly.  If you don't get a period with this cycle, better check in with your doctor!
Good luck!
Dr B
Hello

I had no idea I was pregnant but was having extreme abdominal pain. I went to the doctors and was given a total in my multiple visits 4 blood tests to determine if I was pregnant.

All came back Negative. At at unknown 6 weeks pregnant I got an ultrasound because the pain was so severe. There, the tech found my little 1 inch baby.

Bleeding during the first trimester can be attributed to a period when in reality it is part of the pregnancy, problematic or not.

I would highly recommend staying on your birth control but also getting a blood test by a medical professional. If it comes out negative and you still have problems in a few weeks... get an ultrasound.