Pregnancy Expert Forum
Braxton hicks or what.??

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Braxton hicks or what.??

Im 17 and 38weeks pregnant with my first son and i keep getting major intense pains in my back and pelvic area the babys head is engaged and last week when i saw my midwife she said i was 80% effaced is there any possibility that i might have lost the mucus plug already without knowing and am in active labor cause its really intense and i cant handle it :( any tips to help with the pain also.??
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in so that I could monitor you for a bit.  As a general rule, if you are wondering whether you might be in labor, you are not.  When the real thing hits there is no mistaking it.
Unfortunately, the latter part of pregnancy is not too great either!
Tylenol is OK to use, although it is like whistling in the wind.
Just keep telling yourself it WILL all end soon!
Good luck!
Dr B

Hi!
If you were my patient,  I would ask you to come in so I could check you and montior toh contractions for a bit

You dont neccesarily have to be in "active" labour for them to be that intense, but you could be in labour. Monitor your contractions and if they are frequent enough call the hospital and get checked out xx
Okay thanks :) xx