Pregnancy Expert Forum
Broken Condom Plan B Taken

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Broken Condom Plan B Taken

My question regards an incident my girlfriend and I had. We had intercourse and had a condom failure that neither her and I noticed until perhaps 2-3 minutes after. I did not ejaculate and we did not have sex prior to this event. This occurred on Nov.3rd and she took the Plan B pill roughly 12 hours after the incident. She informed me that her last period started on October 9th (usually lasting 4-5 days)  and her cycles are roughly 30 days long. Taking everything into consideration, is the risk of pregnancy very low to non existent? Thank you in advance for your input.
Hi!
If your partner was my patient, I would advise her to take a pregnancy test if her period is late. Unfortunately Plan B often delays the period and therefore increases anxiety, but it does work to prevent pregnancy.  So the two of you should be OK.  If you are going to be in a long term relationship, you may want to consider a more reliable form of birth control.
Good luck!
Dr B
Basically non exsistant as she taken the pill. Get a test just incase to rest your mind x .
She could be pregnant but the chances are very very low. Nothing is 100% but plan b is very effective and pregnancy rates after taking it properly are very low. Also the earlier it is taken the more effective it is and she did have it very quickly so you should be covered.
Thank you both for your input. She recently took two pregnancy tests and both showed negative results. Thank you once again. We will still be monitoring this, but we feel a bit better and I hope it puts her mind at ease.
Sounds like you should be okay just test in a week or so to be safe..
That pill can delay your period but she needs to take a pregnancy test. I took the pill and still ended up pregnant. I didn't take it to late but I'm not sure if I was already pregnant when I took it but I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks later at 5 weeks.
More like 4 weeks so I was probably already pregnant.
Yeah, she took two pregnancy tests. Still waiting for her to get her period, her nerves have gone down a bit and I'm sure that plays a factor.