Pregnancy Expert Forum
CAN I BE PG?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

CAN I BE PG?

Ok.  I will try to ask this question and try to make sense at the same time, so bear with me.

I have been on the pill since 6-8 weeks after my daughter was born (she just turned 2).  I have never had any unsual bleeding, abnormal anything...until the week of July 14th.  I had a very unusual bleeding.  It was red "spotting", not heavy at all and lasted only 2 days at the most (off and on throughout the day, not constant).  Funny thing is that I was not supposed to start my period until July 22nd or 23rd and I had not missed one pill. I contacted my OB because like I said I have never been abnormal, so it kind of freaked me out. They had me come in for some blood work.  While I waited (just in case of pregnancy or other issues) I stopped taking my BC.  DH and I did not have sex during this time. Over the weekend (the 19th) I ended up starting my period.  I went through the week like usual and my period only lasted 3 days (this is normal). Oh and the tests came back negative. (like i didn't know that) LOL!! So the following Sunday (26th) I started my new pack of pill...like I am supposed to and DH and I had sex that night.

Now...My question is...Is it possible that I could've conceived that night (the 26th)?  I looked and my ovulation period started yesterday.  From everything i've read, it is possible for active sperm to live inside for 5-7 days.  I never really looked much into it since my first child just "happened", so I am not exactly sure if its possible or not.
What are your thoughts?  We are not actively trying at this time, but will be in the next 6 months or so.

Thanks bunches!!!
Tags: Pregnancy