Pregnancy Expert Forum
CONFUSION ABOUT CLOMID AND OVULATION
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CONFUSION ABOUT CLOMID AND OVULATION

HELLO, AND HERES A BIT OF MY FERTILITY JOURNAL  TO HELP YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND MY MEDICAL HISTORY WHICH WILL AID IN ANSWERING MY QUESTION AND HOPEFULLY HELP ME NOT BE SO CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED.

I HAVE HAD IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLES SINCE THE AGE OF 14-SKIPPING ONLY A FEW MONTHS AT A TIME BUT NEVER A YEAR OR MORE.  I WAD DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS BY MY REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGIST ON AUGUST 2009 BUT MY OVARIES DO NOT LOOK LIKE GRAPEVINES, IT WAS BASED ON MY HOROMONE LEVEL RATIOS. HE ALSO FOUD A POLYP & IN OCT 2009 I HAD DAY SURGERY (HYSTEROSCOPY) TO REMOVE A POLYP FROM MY UTERUS. SURGERY WAS SUCCESSFULL AND THE POLYP WAS NOT CANCEROUS.

MAY 19-13,2010 I OVULATED ON MY 2ND ROUND OF CLOMID -ACCORDING TO THE BLOODTEST MY REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGIST  DID ON ME (WHICH WAS MAY 27,2010)  AND THEY ALSO SAID MY PROGESTERONE LEVELS WERE GOOD.   AND TO DO HOME PREG TEST 8 DAYS FROM THAT DATE.

WELL I DID THE HOME PREG TEST  ON JUNE 3RD, & 4TH, 2010  AND IT WAS NEGATIVE,  I USED THE CLEAR BLUE EASY DIGITAL HOME PREG TEST).

BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN FEELING WELL FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS!

SOME SYMPTOMS I HAVE HAD FOR PAST FEW WEEKS (SINCE MAY INTERCOURSE):
*A FEW HEADACHES

*DULL LOW BACK PAIN

*ABDOMINAL PAIN (DULL PAIN WITH  KIND OF CONSTANT WITH A BIT OF LOWER ABDOMINAL
  CRAMPING

*UPPER STOMACH FEELS BLOATED

* MOST OF THE TIME MY WHOLE STOMACH, SIDES, AND LOW BACK (MY WHOLE MID SECTION)
    FEELS TIRED AND LIKE MUSCLE ARE TIGHT AS IF I HAVE BEEN EXERCISING BUT HAVE NOT.

*NAUSEA ON AND OFF SOMETIMES BAD BUT NO VOMITING

*CONSTANT MILKY WHITE VAGINAL DISCHARGE WITH NO ODOR, ITCHING , OR BURNING.    
   WHICH I HAVE NEVER HAD BEFORE

*I AM BIG BREASTED, BUT I HAVE BREAST SORENESS & THEY FEEL TWICE AS HEAVY

*FATIGUE-TIRED EVEN WHEN I’VE  JUST SLEPT

*FREQUENT URINATION & A LITTLE CONSTIPATION

QUESTION: SO I'M WONDERING COULD I HAVE GOTTEN A FALSE NEGATIVE?
SHOULD I DO A BLOOD PREG TEST INSTEAD?
DOES CLOMID AFFECT HOME PREG TEST RESULTS?