Pregnancy Expert Forum
COU;D I BE PREGNANT?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

COU;D I BE PREGNANT?

MY LAST PERIOD WAS FEB 24,2013 I HAVE TAKEN 3 URINE AND I BLOOD TEST THAT WAS ALL NEGATIVE ...THE THING IS WITH MY 18 YEAR OLD I WAS ALMOST 3 MONTHS BEFORE I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AND THEN TOO I HAD TAKEN 5 URINE TESTS AND ALL WERE NEGATIVE AND FINALLY A POSITIVE....THE DR WANTED ME TO TAKE AN X RAY LAST NIGHT AND I REFUSED BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT AN X RAY CAN DO IF I AM IN FACT PREGNANT....WAS I WRONG TO WANNA WAIT LONGER AND NOT DO THE X RAY AND CAN I STILL BE PREGNANT?  NEXT WEEK I WILL HAVE MISSED 2 PERIODS (MY MOM JUST TOLD ME TO WAIT BECAUSE WITH MY BROTHER SHE HAD A PERIOD FOR 6 MONTHS AND WAS PREGNANT ) PLEASE STILL I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that if all of those tests are negative, you are almost certainly NOT pregnant.  Sometimes I do ultrasounds for patients in your circumstance--just as a double check. The pregnancy tests are very good these days, and can detect a very early pregnancy, so if the tests are negative--you most likely are not.
I would also probably offer you a medication to start your period and end the confusion.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
I think if a blood test came back negative, then you are not pregnant. Blood tests can pick up even the smallest amounts of hormones.
Dont do the xray, stop stressing so much. It is going to be okay if you are. You have some kind of idea at least so you can start changing your lifestyle to fit a pregnancy! After all, it couldn't hurt! Neither would a sonogram though. It could be a case where you might possibly be pregnant and the baby is in the fallopian tube which could cause the pregnancy to go undetected. But that is very very dangerous for you so I would suggest checking with your doctor just to be sure. One sonogram will not hurt the baby, if you were having multiple sonograms within weeks, the effect on you and the baby wouldn't be too harsh, but it isn't suggested. But I'm not a doctor, so this may not be the case, please dont assume it is. It is simply a possibility. Very small though. I would suggest to ask your doctor. If youre not pregnant, a sonogram could also help detect the reason for your period not showing up on time. Like I said, it couldn't hurt! Best of luck!
I TOOK PROVERA FOR 5 DAYS AS PRESCRIBED AND STILL NO PERIOD....NEXT STEP IS ULTRASOUND
I've only done otc pregnancy tests. they all came out negative. I did have my period but I was about two weeks late. Good luck
I had a blood test (serum)and test by urine  6 test and was told I was not pregnant and in fact I was pregnant. I had finger surgery and I had been drinking. I was upset to find out I was pregnant with my now 12 yr old son. I say don't worry but trust your gut. My doc told me you can miss a period of course from stress or when you ovulate twice in a month. I am so not a doctor only a Clinical Medical Assistant but after the 1st time going through a surgery pregnant I listen to myself 1st. I had a Doc tell me in CT that he had a patient that never had a positive pregnancy test!! So it's possible.
How are you? Any news?
I GO BACK FOR ULTRASOUND MAY 14TH SINCE PROVERA DID NOT BRING MY CYCLE DOWN AND HE SAID MY LEVELS DO NOT SHOW SIGNS OF MENOPAUSE YET BUT HE S GONNA RE CHECK ALL OF THAT ON THE 14TH AS WELL I THINK
WE ARE NOW IN MAY AND STILL NOTHING YET
I WAS ALMOST 3 MONTHS WITH MY 2ND SON AND MY MOM WAS 6 MONTHS WITH MY BROTHER SO I AM HAVING AM ULTRASOUND MAT 14TH..............MY DR SAID MY HCG LEVELS ARE REALLY LOW
HAVING ULTRASOUND MAY 14TH
How was your ultrasound?
Good luck for the scan :-)