Pregnancy Expert Forum
Can I be pregnant after I had a miscarriage?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I was 5 weeks prgenant with my first child. I started to miscarry on Feb. 19, 2007. I passed tissue on Feb. 22, 2007 and I stopped bleeding on the 26th. I have not been on birth control and I have been intimate with my partner. I have not started my cyle as of yet either. I am strating to have all the symptoms of being pregnant. Feeling tired, morning sickness, breast tingling. I took a test yesterday on the 21st and it was negative.I know that it may be too early. I still feel sick. When is a good time for me to take another test? Can I be pregnant?
I am in the same predictment. I miscarried feb1 and bleed until feb12 and i had unprotected sex since then and I have been having systoms alot. But my test came back negative so I am going in for an ultrasound  it still might be to early but we will see. hope everything works out for you
Thank you so much. It feels good to be able to talk with someone who is in the same situation as me. I was feeling alone. Reading these comments are really helping me out. I hope that I am pregnant and you to. So we can be the best mothers out here. LOL misslady28
thank you i will keep you in my prayers. I will let you know how everything goes my email is ***@**** you can reach me there if not on here.
Ok Thank you I can be reached at tia.***@****
I miscarried in may 06 and conceived the following month in june. I know it sounds nearly impossible, but it can happen, i'm living proof. i'm 37 weeks along now with a baby girl.. She's due anytime. :) What ever the outcome is for you, i wish you lots of luck and love.
Thank you. I was going to give up but you gave me hope. Congradulations on your baby girl. I hope all is well for you. Im going to try.
I miscarried on January 23 and I am now  pregnant again 9 weeks
How long after did you wait to try? I got my cycle on the 23rd of March. One month after I miscarried. I am going to start next week. Did you get pregnant quick?
We just kept on trying even though I was still kind of bleeding off and on from the miscarriage. I never even got a period in February! I must have gotten pregant during the last week of January or early in the first week of February because usually I get my period around the 8th of the month and I didn't. I have my first prenatal apt tomorrow at 1:30. I will let you know what they say. We tried right away even though they said not to. I was totally surprised to find out I was pregnant again so soon. I hope this helps
Ok Thank you for the info. Hope all goes well. Im am hopeful now. Even though I had my period. I still feel pregnancy symptoms. My breast feel funny and I still have headaches. Don't know what to do. Could it be all in my head?
I just got back and there wasn't a heartbeat yet and the sac was jagged. I have to go back for some tests. Turns out I had my dates wrong. I am 6w4d pregnant. I have to go back next week to get another u/s. I can only hope all goes well. The doctor said that it may be too early for a heartbeat and she has also seen sacs jagged that have been fine. But who knows. It is a waiting game.
Hi im new to this site and im not sure where to ask or anything but here goes. I recently had a miscarriage on 3/15/07  and a week after i had sex with my husband,i had stopped bleeding and cramping, but today i started spotting and when i wipe its like light to med blood with some clear gooey discharge that looks like cervical fluid but idk. My question is could i have and infection or  is pregnancy possible. When i had my miscarriage i had a d/c so the tissue was removed i was 13 weeks. Any info would be appreciated.
I have a miscarriage last November.It was a very very early miscarriage.I lost it as soon as I found out I was pregnant.Then ended up pregnant middle or end of Janurary.We weren't even trying then.Anyhow,I also started bleeding from the very start of this pregnancy and bleed for over 30 days.No one could explain to me why.But baby is doing great and every HCG level check is better and better.Ultrasound shows a healthy baby with a strong beating heart.My bleeding went to very faint spotting to nothing now.That I am pleased about.But it's very likely to become pregnant after a miscarriage.Good luck to you.
I also wanted to say,if your going to use a HPT always use First Response early dection.That always works for me and told me I was pregnant when I was only in my first week.Hope it works out for you.
Hey everyone. I am a little confused over here. I took 3 pregnancy tests within the last 7 days and all were positive. First I took the clearblue that gives a + or - and the + was dark and showed up right away. The other 2 were clearblue digitals. I try to track my cycle on mymonthycycles.com because i have an irregular cycle which makes it hard to pin point the best time to try to make a baby. Sometimes my cycle length goes up to 42 days. My first day of my last period was on March 18th 2007. I cant remember how it was at that time but i know that my fiance and i tried to make a baby on March 30th 2007 and that was the last time we had tried. It was very unexpected for me to see a positive pregnancy test but I was thrilled. We had already told our families we are expecting. But since last night I have been having doubts thinking that Im not really pregnant. I dont know if i had  miscarried the last time i thought i had my period. April 17th was when I took the first positive test. I took it because I was feeling tired that day and when I woke up from my nap I stood up right away and blacked out for a minute like a dizzy spell or something. But I really dont have any symptoms. I dont even know if i have missed my period this month yet. I did a pregnancy calculator to see what my due date would be and it said December 23rd so that would make me 5 weeks today. Which makes it about 6 weeks after I possibly could have miscarried. I cant go to the doctors yet until my insurance arrives but does anyone know how i can find out if i am really pregnant?  My nipples are sore and sensitive off and on and I do have to use the bathroom more frequently but i feel like I have too much energy to be pregnant and with my last 2 pregnancies I experianced morning sickness from the beginning of my pregnancy to almost 6 months very badly which is also why I doubt this. It also seems like my appetite is getting lesser this week then last week. Keep in mind i took another digital today and it still said positive. If anyone can help me at all please do so. I will be very disappointed if this is a false positive.
i had a miscarriage 7 february.  i waited 2 cycles before we tried to ttc.  my question is, do you experience the same pregnancy symptoms when you fall preggies after a miscarriage or is it different every time.  im want to do a test, but im so scared i might be disappointed.  i feel different. i am sooo nauseous and i just want to cry, my breasts are started to become sore, but not like when i was pregnant last time.  maybe im only having a bad PMS this month.
Every pregnancy is different. Did you have a lot preggo symptoms with your last pregnancy? I had a miscarriage on Jan 15 at 14 weeks, waited for one period and got pregnant right after that. With my last pregnancy I had no symptoms at all, but this time I have all of the symptoms. I had an ultrasound last week and baby is doing fine (10 weeks along).
Is your period late? If it is I would do a test. If you test too early, you have a chance that it is negative even though you might be pregnant. Good luck!
hannah...
i feel miserable...been nauseous and dizzy 24 hours the last 3 days.  and im very hot and sweaty, usually im always cold... i have a watery vaginal discharge.. and heartburn.  ive done a test, there was a faint line. did a blood test yesterday, waiting for dr to phone.  the secretary at dr's rooms says, blood test have a very low count, she not sure if it is pos or negative.  did another home preg test, again a 2nd faint line. im confused? i dont know if i must be excited or not, and if the doc will only phone.... one thing i know is, something is wrong with me... my periods are due tomorrow, but ive never felt like this before my periods.  what do you think?
You really might be pregnant. If you had two periods after your miscarriage and you ovulated there shouldn't be hCG levels left from from your miscarriage, that could cause a positive test. When I did a HPT there was no clear line until my period was two days late. If doc phones and confirms that you are pregnant, he'll probably tell you to get your hCG levels checked again within a week.
i did 2 pregnancy tests, both had a very faint second line.  Did blood test, it was negative.  Waited till yesterday when my periods was 5 days due.  Did another pregnancy test and it had 2 CLEAR lines.  Went for another blood test this morning.  So yip I AM PREGNANT again.  im so stoked!!! just waiting for the doc to phone me with results but i have all the symptoms! after 8 years i am gonna be a mommy again.  im so happy.
hello everyone!! after reading some of ur stories is giving some hope in trying again. i found i was pregnant on valentine day which i was so happy because ive been trying for 2 years and nothing. i had a appointment on the 20th of feb which confirmed it. after that i started having bleed of and on for over a month til i miscarried on march 25th. i just got my period back on the may 1st which made me actually happy. so i tracked my ovulation dates and bought an opk so ill keep my finger crossed... god bless and baby dust to all

I had a D&C after a miscarriage on 29th March. i thought i was 12 1/2 weeks pregnant but its turns out i had a blighted ovum. although the procedure was very straightforward and i had no bleeding at all, i havnt had a period yet. my cycle was always very regular. the doctor told me it should come between 4 and six weeks after the procedure.because i had no bleeding and physically i felt fine i have been intimate with my partner a number of times since 1 week after the D&C. Three weeks after the procedure i did a pregnancy test which came back with a faint positive line. i put this down to HCG levels from the miscarriage and did another one about a week later which was negative. i dont know why but i bought another test yesterday and it came up with another faint line. i am now wondering if i am pregnant again. i am really confused - anypne got any ideas? it will be six weeks on thursday since the D&C.
did your dr do a blood test to check if your HCG levels has gone back to zero?  its not a good idea to fall pregnant straight away.  its preferable to wait 3 cycles to give your body a chance to recover.  do you have any pregnancy symptoms? sore breast is one of the 1st symptoms and absense of periods.  and its also a gut feeling.  i knew i was pregnant before the blood test was positive.  if you want to: wait another week and repeat the pregnancy test.
Hi everyone I am so grateful for this site.  I just had a miscarriage on 28/04/07, and thereafter had a D&C 30/0407.  I am igor to get pregnant.  How soon should I try again?  My husband and I have been ttc for 8years, and it was a joy to hear that we were pregnant, but sad to MC.

I really want to conceive immediately, please advise?
i had a miscarriage 7/2/07.  my dr recommended me to wait 3 menstrual cycles, i was naughty and tried after 2, never thought i would fall pregnant so quickly.  do you know what caused miscarriage?  i had to go on low progesterone medication immediately, im only 3 weeks, but so far, so good.  i have miscarriage on 4 weeks last time.   you need to give your body a chance to be healed, rather wait a bit if you can.
Thanks for responding.  I do not really know what causes a MC, but if I knew I would do anything to prevent it.  I was told by my dr that stress helps to cause a MC, but I am not sure.  I am glad to hear you are expecting.  I will wait for my body to heal.  I have a dr app. today to do a follow up.

Lots of baby dust to you.  I will pray that everything goes well with this pregnancy.
I am 9 weeks pregnant, and i had a miscarriage i wanted to what are the chances of me becoming pregnant soon after.I am still in the passing stage of my miscarriage, i want to the Dr. on may 5th and this was determine. Can someone give me some answ.who want through this,i'm am so hurt and depress this would have been my second child, i have a six year old daughter now, and my husband and i were looking forward to this preg.
Just wanted to say how happy I am that you got excellent news on your new pregnancy. I also just wanted to clarify that each person doesnt have to necessarily have to wait 3 cycles before ttc again. It depends on if youve had a d & c or not.. when you have a d & c they totally scrape out everything thus making the lining weak and thin. Whereas when you have a natural m/c your body acts as if its having an AF.. thus doing a natural removal which would happen during a normal cycle. I had a miscarriage on April 17, naturally. Ive been to my doctor my hcg levels are back to "less then 1". My doctor says its absolutely healthy and fine for me to start to ttc as soon as i feel I want to.
I hope you have a happy healthy nine months of pregnancy! ~Kristin~
Hi, I am 30 weeks along now after having a miscarraige (miscarriage)! I lost the first child at 12 wks, but when I went back for a check-up they said I was still pregnant, which the doc and I both found odd. We did a sono that same day and saw that 5wks after my miscarraige (miscarriage) I was 7wks pregnant. No it was not twin, they  are 2 seperate pregnancies. My body was aborting the first and in the process the second was conceived. Miracles do happen, Best of luck!
i had a miscarriage in Feb 2007 with second pregnancy after 8 years, i was very sad.  my son is 8 years old. im 3-4 weeks pregnant now with second child.  I will be 36 in August and i have PCOS.  Have faith, at the right time God will give you another baby and it will happen.  Stay happy, stay healthy and believe!
Hi, I just found out on April 30th that i was pregnant with my first child, i am 27 years old.  I was thrilled as was my husband.  I started bleeding on Thursday April 12th and i miscarried on April 14th.  It was absolutely devastating, my whole world came crashing down around me!  It has been 30 days since I started bleeding and i haven't had my period yet, nor do i feel like i am going to start...i have taken a pregnancy test and both were negative.  The doctors told us that we can start trying again right away, and we haven't been preventing it.  Is it possible to be pregnant one month after I miscarried, or is it normal to have irregular cycles for the next few months?
Hi there! If anyone has feedback, I'd really appreciate it. I started my period on April 19 and it lasted the normal 7 days for me...but it never stopped. I started spotting on day 8 - 14 when I finally took a prenancy test and it came out positive. I went to my doctor and his test came out negative and blew off the bleeding as "hormonal imbalance." (I'm only 33 yrs. old and have no history if strange periods) I did go in for a blood test and my HCG levels came in at 133. About a week later, I took another blood test and it came in at 644, A week later the blood test HCG levels came in at 1093. I am still bleeding fairly moderately and tend to clot in the mornings after I wake up (about 3 morningd in total). My doctor is set on believing that I am miscarrying (which I probably am) but my question is, is it normal to have my stomach bloat like it's pregnant (this would have been #4 for us), my breasts to feel tender and feel nauseous AND have my HCG levels go up even if I'm miscarrying?? Anyone have information on what I can expect?? Thank you.
I also miscarried for the second time on April 15th 2007 and know my hormone levels are back to normal.  Is it possible for me to be pregnant allready?  I am feeling symptoms and am scared to pee on the stick.........
About 9 wks ago I delivered a pretty little girl prematurely at 19 wks she didn't survive and i dont know why i went into labor so fast i just started taking birth control pills (alesse28) but wanted to know when should i start trying again after the pills
thanks for any advice
Ok So two weeks ago my partner and I went to my doctors for my very first ultrasound. I was SUPOSE to be 10 weeks pregant, only to find my babys heart had stopped beating and had been dead for two weeks. I had a D&C done the next day. I started bleeding then stopped. Then I started again a few days later and now am no longer bleeding. My partner and I have been intimant since, and when i went to the doctors today I had a postivie pregnacy test. The doctor said that since its only been two weeks it could still be from my last pregnacy, or I could be pregnant again. I really want to what yall think I wont be able to know for sure for a few days and its driving me crazy. Please tell me what you think
thank you
-Nicole Rawson
Hi. I had a miscarriage on may 27th 2004. we tested my hcg levels the same day and they had fallen to 2500. By may 30th they were just 16. I went back on june 12th to make sure they had dropped to zero and they had climbed to 8300. At first suspected molar pregnancy wich can cause variations in hcg levels, but we waited 3 weeks and performed vaginal ultrasound and it showed a live gestational sac. I hadnt even had a period in between pregnancies. So, yes it is very possible to get pregnant that soon, but you unfortunately run a higher risk of miscarriage because your uterus had no time to adjust to a new pregnancy , as in my case where i miscarrried again 2 weeks later. We decided to wait 4 months and try again and in november i got pregnant and delivered a healthy baby girl in july. Hang in there. It will happen for you.
I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) about a month and a half ago..bled for about 5 days. I haven't had my period since then. Last week my breasts started becomming real sore again and i started getting what felt like muscle spasms in my stomach. i took two pregnancy test in the same day and they both showed up positive within seconds. I am waiting to go to a clinic (no insurance) but they will only give me they same type of test i took at home. Does it sound like i could be pregnant for real?
Hey...I'm just 18 soon to be 19. I got pregnant in march being my second time of sexual intercourse. I found out on April 15 with a take-home pregnancy test. Since the begining of the April I felt cramps and figured it was becuase my period was arriving. I didn't know that it would be signs of miscariage on my unknown pregnancy by then. So I found out April 15 and in April 21 began my bleeding. I was bleeding until April 26, and felt normal on Monday April 30th. I didn't feel any pain, I felt normal phisically. Although emotionaly I haven't recovered it still efects me. Anyway, On May 10 I started having sex again, May 13 and May 16. All of them protected with condom. Since the first time in May 10 I started to feel wierd, I have this mild pain in my belly, I'm more hungry than usuall, go to the bathroom. It's so wierd, as if I'm pregnant again. Until today I feel that way and somehow I'm concerned about some wierd situation like being pregnant again. I just don't understand why I been feeling like that ever since I started having sex again. I'm kinda afraid I might be pregnant. I'll be examined on May 30 but can it be possible to get pregnant right away after a miscariage. I 'll tell you soon.....
Hi. I have PCOS. I've been married almost 6 years. For about a year, my husband and I have been seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist to help us get pregnant because after 6 years of no luck, we thought it was time to seek professional help. After 2 clomid cycles and 2 IUI's, we were successful. My last IUI was on March 24 and we found out that we were pregnant on April 5th. We were ecstatic! Well, after being on cloud 9 for 2 weeks, I began bleeding and cramping on Friday April 20th. I was like 6.5 weeks along. In the ER, they ran tests telling me that the gestational sac was the right size for the timeframe, cervix was still closed and that I was hemmoraging near the cervix and that it was probably nothing. Well we still worried because we had to wait until Monday to see my doctor. Thinking that everything was going to be OK, we were devastated to find out on Monday that the gestational sac had decreased in size  and had fallen near the cervix, plus I had blood clots where the sac had been before. There was no explanation as to why it happened, it just did. Anyways, the gestational sac came out that evening, but I didn't start bleeding until the next day. My bleed was weird; it was light, some tissue and clots passed, and I had spotting for about 10 days. I expected it to be heavier, but my doc said I didn't need a D&C or anything. My question is, does anyone know if fertility is increased for women with PCOS after a miscarriage? I am pretty in tune with my body (I can tell when ovaries are working because I can feel them) and about 2 weeks after MC, I felt sharp pain in my left ovary (last pregnancy came from right ovary) and had EWCM. I also keep BBT and there was a rise in temp. It's still high. My husband and I haven't done anything to prevent pregancy (my doctor said to wait about a month before trying again but it wouldn't be tragic if we didn't). Gut feeling tells me I am pregnant, (because I feel the same way I did right before I found out the last time that I was pregnant) but rationally, I am cautious because I don't want to be disappointed. I will call doc (he wasn't monitoring my HCG week by week) and have tests done if no period by next week. Since I MC so early, if I am pg, is there a huge increase in another MC (I ws only like 6 1/2 wks before MC).

P.S. thank you for this post, it has helped me a lot to see that many other women face the same challenges.
hey NEED HELP?on march 24 i was pregnant has i did test at home and on monday 26 march i went to docts and she say i was 6weeks.next day i was feeling very unwell,so i just put it down to bein pregnant.then on april 26 i startd bleeding went to hosp and they say i had urine infection got put on tabls . then next day i stop bleeding and startd to feel fine.then on may 7 i was bleeding again so went to docts and she test my urine and she say i was fine there was no infection.but she wanted me go for scan just make sure,so may 9 went for scan they ask how many weeks iwas i say 11weeks today,then they ask if i was feeling ok i say no,i also told them i had urine infection 3weeks ago.she was doing scan at same time then i ask her weres baby how come i cant see baby,she say it looks like baby stop growing at 8weeks thats when i had infection.then on 10may i had go for d&c,then got home was so sore for 1day.my body ok now and i feel fine now.its 10 days later and i did test just make sure and it says am not pregnant.now i konw am not pregnant anymore i really want have sex.my body telling me am ready for sex.just want to know if i should have sex or wait.i dont really want to wait any longer.PLEASE can anyone help.
APRIL 18TH I TURN 21 PRIOR TO THAT I DID NOT KNOW I WAS PREGANT I HAD A COUPLE DRINKS ON APRIL 16  AGAIN ON APRIL 18 I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS PREGANT APRIL 20TH I STARTED BLEEDIN APRIL 24TH I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL APRIL 26TH I MISCARRIED APRIL 28TH 2007 ANY WHOO I WA CONFUSED I KNEW THAT I WAS GOING TO LOOSE THE BABY SO MY BOYFRIEND IN I HAD SEX AROUND THE 23RD AND HE PENTRATED IN SIDE ME CUD I BE PREGANT BUT AFTER I HAD A MISCARIAGE I DID NOT HAVE TO GET A DNC WE HAD SEX A WEEK LATER WAT ARE THE ODDS OF ME BEING PREGANT NOW IT IS MAY 21'ST AND I AM SPOTTING LIGHTLY TOOK A PREGANCY TEST IT CAME BACK NEAGTIVE WAT DO I DO
i went to the doctor back in march they told me i was pregnant then 2 days later a pinkish-white clump came out then a few day after that i started bleeding and i bled for 3 weeks straight some days heavy some days not, now here it is almost june and i still haven't had a period i just wanted to know what the deal was with my body am i pregnant or what
My husband and I found out I want pregnant in Dec 2006, I went in for my first appt. in Jan to find that it was a B Ovum we were hurt because we wanted another child; we currently have two girl 10 & 6. The next day we went in for a D&C after the D&C I felt fine some light bleeding nothing heavy and physically I was fine. In Feb I had a very light period it was like it wasn't even on, in March we found out that we were pregnant again. We were very nerous b/c of what had happen before. The first doctor's appt. went well and then I started having sharp pains on my left side. We went to the doctor and everything was fine. Well I went back to the doctor b/c the pain didn't go away and the doctor did an vagial ultra sound and he said the baby didn't look good. He took blood for two days and my levels had dropped, I was so hurt my heart ached so bad. We want to try again but I want to wait for a least three cycles, I have already had one cycle but I didn't know if I should wait longer. My husband is scared b/c he says that he can't see me go through this again. But I am not ready to give up...my best friend and I were pregnant at the same time during my first pregnancy in Dec. it hurts so bad to talk to her and see her but I know that I should not be way but I am very happy for her it just hurts to see her belly growing. I know that I am blessed b/c I have two beautiful girls and going through this has made me realize how blessed I am to have them. I want my husband and I to try again and the doctor said my body was fine but I am scared it will happen again. I know I shouldn't say that I am scared if I have faith in God but that is a pain that I never want to feel again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I am currently in the process of miscarrying and it is so hard. But a friend of my has 9 years between her two children because she miscarried no less than 12 times before her 2nd. There was no ultrasound then or the sort of hormone treatments/immune system suppressors you can have now for repeated miscarriers. The point is she did finally have a healthy second child who is now an intelligent 17 year old. As soon as she became pregnant with her final child she was closely monitored, but not with the technology we have now.

She managed it, so I'm sure you will, with the added benefit of medical aide to hand too. A lot of my friends have miscarried at least once only to go on to have healthy pregnancies, and at least you know you can!

Let's stay positive!!

(I'm praying I don't have to have a D&C after this, as mine is dragging on a bit, see my reply posting in a few questions down, about empty sac 5w4d/7w4d)

Take Care

son xx
Bonie,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, it is good to know that there are other people that I can talk to and that have gone through this before. I truly felt alone and like I couldn't give my husband another child. But everyday has gotten better for me and I want say that I can't just that God didn't see that it was time. I can truly say that this situation has brought my husband I so much closer together and I appreciate the fact that I God gave me my beautiful girls. I just pray that God will allow me once again to bring life into this world.

Thanks for listening.
Ok, so 3 1/2 weeks ago i took a pregnancy test and it came back with a faint positive. I then went in and had the doc do a blood test and it came back positive. Well, I was then going in regularly having them run HCG test making sure i wasnt going to miscarry. I have had 2 full term pregnancies and 2 miscarrages. Well, my HCG levels have been going up which is good, but on the other hand i have been spotting and bleeding. So my midwife wanted me to go in for an ultrasound and it shows no evindence of there being a pregnancy at all. The thing that confuses me is that the day before on May 29th my HCG levels were up to 2,060 which is good, and then the very next day on May 30th the ultrasound shows no sign of being pregnant. Should I still be holding out hope? Should I consider that i might be extremely early yet to where they cant see anything anyways?? what do you think??
Allison
i had a misscariage very early, like a week after we found out we were prego...and it sucked!
anyways my friend is a nurse and she said that since i didnt have a d&c there is no reason why i should wait to ttc again. she also said that after a miscarriage, or abortion, you are very fertile. its been 2 or 3 wweks since i had my miss...and weve been trying. the thing is i feel pregnant again...but im all confused. i have the sore breast thing going on, i feel sick after i eat certain things, and im extra tired all over again. this is why in on the internet searching things, and i found you gals...so i became a memeber. anyways i dont know how soon i should expect my period, im thinking it would be on time (normal time) like the second week of june or something...which thats only a week and a half away!! im excited to kno, but im scared!!
so i think we should all just keep in contact and share our stories!
nelli
I was intrigued by your story, and I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm hoping my story will give you a bit of hope:
I'm 29 years old and have been married for almost 5 years, and was diagnosed with PCOS in August 2006 after years of wondering why I was gaining weight, why I had no period unless I was on birth control, and other symptoms. Every time I went in for my yearly pap smear I would ask the doctor or nurse practitioner questions to no avail.  I had done some reading on PCOS a few years back after my mother told me about the syndrome  She was pretty sure I had been suffering from it for years, and was frustrated that I had never been formally diagnosed. In July of 2006 I went to urgent care with severe abdomial (abdominal) pain on my left side, and was given an ultrasound and pain medication and sent home. I later came to find out my ovaries were riddled with cysts.  My GP then ordered an MRI, a CT scan, and a colonoscopy to rule out other problems.  He never diagnosed me with PCOS. Finally, in August of 2006, he flat out told me I was beyond his realm of medicine, and referred me to a OB/GYN and fertility specialist.  After one visit, I was diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis. I asked him about the possiblity of getting pregnant, and he told me that although it wasn't impossible, it was going to be very difficult to do naturally.  He said if I was willing to stick with him and do as he said, he would gurarantee that I would eventually get pregnant. My main goal was to get my reproductive system straighted out so that I would have a healthy pregnancy. I was willing to do anything he said.  I was put on Metformin (aka Glucophage) and told to return in 3 months to see if it helped. I did some research on Metformin, and found out that although it's prescribed mostly to diabetics (I am NOT diabetic), it is also prescribed to women with PCOS as it shrinks ovarian cysts and helps to regulate an irregular menstrual cycle.  I took it for 3 months, and went back to see the doctor as requested.  My mother had asked to come with me to meet the doctor and ask him some questions. She had always been concerned about my health and wanted to understand what was going on.  As were were sitting in the waiting room, she asked me to write down any questions I had for the doctor so I wouldn't forget. She knew how nervous I got around doctors! The doctor asked me how I was doing, and I told him that my breasts hurt really bad, I was having to urinate way more often than usual, and I was unusually tired. I didn't think anything of it at the time.  He had asked me if I had gotten a period since I stopped birth control in July, and I told him that I hadn't. That was nothing new. I never got a period unless I was on some form of birth control. He said that the next step in regulating my cycle was to chemically induce menopause for 6 months.  He said I would receive a series of shots to "put my system on ice" as he called it.  Before beginning, he asked if he could do a vaginal ultrasound to see if the Metformin had any effect on my ovarian cysts.  He got as far as my uterus, and quietly said "You're pregnant".  I couldn't believe it; neither could my mother! She was jumping up and down, and she had tears welling up in her eyes.  I was just dumbfounded.  I couldn't believe I was actually pregnant.  After we all calmed down, he then proceeded to tell me I was 14 weeks pregnant, and the baby looked great so far.  I immediately freaked out.  I had been taking Vicodin for the abdominal pain almost on a daily basis.  I had a CT scan, an MRI and a colonoscopy done back to back in September. I was also a smoker. I thought for sure this baby had to be messed up in some way. My joy went to sheer panic.  The doctor said he would schedule me an appointment to go to the ultrasound clinic at the hospital for a series of tests and repeatedly told me not to worry, that everything would be fine. He prescribed me special prenatal vitamins to make up for the fact I hadn't taken them the whole first trimester. He also said it was fine to tell everyone.  And tell everyone, I did!!!
My husband and I were over the moon; as well as the rest of our family. Although having children wasn't a top priority at that time, it now became the focus of our entire lives.  We went to every prenatal appointment, and every ultrasound, and everything up to that point was great. We went in on Dec 22, 2006 for a regular prenatal appointment, and the doctor used the dopplar to let us hear the heartbeat.  As long as the baby had a heartbeat, my mind was at ease. We were scheduled for genetic counciling on Dec 27. 2006 as my AFP test came back that I was a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis.  We still weren't too worried, but we were going to have my husband tested and then go from there. We went in for our ultrasound before the genetic counciling appointment, and were shocked to hear our baby had died.  The baby no longer had a heartbeat.  I didn't understand how that could have happened, as we had just heard the heartbeat 5 days before.  I didn't feel sick, I didn't have any pain, I didn't understand how I was carrying a deceased baby and I didn't know it.  
I allowed them to do an amniocentisis, and then asked what to do next.  I was like a zombie; I thought I was in a nightmare, I honestly thought someone was playing a cruel trick on me.  I was informed that my OB would be notified, and then he'd advise me what to do.  I went home and just cried.  My OB wasn't available until 5pm that evening, so I had 5 hours to just sit and do nothing. My husband called several people and I just cried. I was scared and mad, and angry at God.
We went into see my doctor at 5pm and he had me admitted into the hospital that evening.  I was given miso tablets and pitosin to induce labor, but it didn't progress very quickly.  After 14 hours of labor, I finally gave birth to my little boy at 2:32pm on Dec 28,2006.  I saw him, and held him, and to me, he was perfect.  Because he wasn't 20 weeks (he was 1 day shy), it was still considered a miscarriage, and not a stillbirth.  We had him cremated, and gave him all the respect he deserved.  About 4 hours after the delivery, I went in for a D&C. I stayed in the hospital, and went home 2 days later.
I bled for about 2 weeks after that, and went in for several appointments with my OB to make sure everything was okay. He said I made it though everything very well.  Although our hearts were broken, I was very thankful that I was able to experience pregnancy. My doctor told me not to give up hope, and said it would probably happen again.  He actually said that after the initial 12 weeks of abstinance, we might want to be careful, because the possiblity of becoming pregnant again were pretty high.  I didn't think anything of it, and I really should have, because so far, he had been right on with EVERYTHING!
Well, today is May 31, and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant.  I knew right away this time. After the D&C, I started having normal periods, and after I missed my period in April, I thought something was up.  I took 4 pregancy tests and all of them came back positive.  I went back to my OB and he said he wasn't the least bit surprised to hear I was pregnant again.  I've had several ultrasounds, and so far, the baby looks fantastic! As of right now, the due date is December 27, 2007; ironically, the same day I found out my little boy had passed.  I don't know if God's playing another joke or trying to show me there is life after death.  All I know is that I'm extremely blessed yet again.
For the record, I had NO morning sickness with the first baby.  I didn't ever suspect I was pregnant until I saw the baby on the ultrasound. This second baby has given me every symptom to a tee. I've had the nausea, the vomiting, the food adversions, the heartburn, you name it, I've had it!!! I am told this is a good sign.
Good luck to you. If it can happen to me, it will happen to you!
I can be reached at ***@****
i had a miscarriage on April 6th, bled for 2 days....i have not had a period since...is it possible i am pregnant again? i took 2 hpt..both negative. my doctor took a blood test and i havent got back the results yet? is this common...i have to go to the bathroom often and headache/dizzy almost everyday like i was before....is it normal for the hpt to be negative like this?
I am new to the site. I was told that i was pg on march 22.  April the 2nd I dis pass a small clot. I went for an ultrasound on april 12 and they could not find no baby. okay they took blood work it was not doubling like it should. The bleeding stop. On may the 11 I had mess up my clothes I bled for 1 day.  I have took three pregnant test the end of may and all say pregnat.  could i be pregnant again.
Well 2 yrs ago me and my husband found out we were pregnant with my first child
Hello to all, this is my first time commenting, I usually just read the comments to feel better about my situation. I had a miscarriage on 26 May, I was approx 6-7 weeks. I had complication from the start of pregnancy, but thought I would be alright, but ended up loosing the baby. I am a 27 y/o woman who is ready to concieve (conceive). I bleed for about 7 days, I started ttc 2 days prior to the stop of light spotting. I never thought that it would be able to concieve (conceive) so soon after a m/c, but I am starting to believe that I am pregnant again, but there is no solid proof of that. I took preg test this morning came out neg but I know that it is too early to tell, but now I know that hormones are leveled. I want so bad to have concieved again. You ladies give hope that it is possible. Thank you all for your comments.
Christina
I feel like we are in the same boat (oh and no one seems to answer any questions around here, it seems to be one big huge page of questions, although I read it none the less.

I am 26  and miscarried on May 24 2007 (had a blighted Ovum at 8 weeks sac mesured only 6 weeks though) and have been a CRAZY women TTC ever since. Some people say "you need to wait" and all that but if its going to happen it will.

Shoot me an email off the message boards and we can talk more, I dont want to put all my info out there. I have found alot of interactive groups online that I can give you the link to, alot of great ladies.
***@****
Hi everyone,
I have just joined this site.  I just wanted to say how completely blown away I am by all you brave women.  There is so much hope in your messages.  I miscarried (blithed ovum) last august.  My husband and I had started trying in june of 2006 and got pregnant right away.  I went fo weekly ultra sounds becaus eI was in soo much pain because the DR's said I had a cyst on my right ovary that was the size of a golf ball ( very small according to them).  Well it turned out that I had no baby in my stomach.  Had a D&C on August 4th...dooms day as I call it.   My period did not return until October 1st.  

We started trying that month again to get pregnant.  We got pregnant again in March and miscarried with bleeding at about 51/2 weeks....I am soo discouraged.  My OBGYN says it's not that bug a deal...Wonder how many times she miscarried????  Anyway, my period has been all of=ver the place since december so I  never know when I am going to get it.  I think I may be pregnant again...lets hope this one sticks!  I was going to take a pregnancy test on father's day without telling my husband so that I can surprise him if it's a positive.  Wish me luck and BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!  
A related discussion, Pregnancy after D & C was started.
I had my 1st miscarriage at 6mnths the dr didn't do a dnc. My tubes became blocked I had surgery to open the tubes. On 3/7 I took a hpt it was positive. I started spotting less than 5min after the test. Went to the hospital for an us month sac was found I had a miscarriage b4 I really knew. The bleeding got heavier and after the bleeding I began to try again it is now a mnth later my cycle is normally around the 4th of the mnth no cycle yet and every now and again I get a little soreness in my breast could I b preg again.
A related discussion, Am I Pregnant? was started.
A related discussion, will i fall pregnant? was started.
Is bloating a sighn of bieng pregnant after a m/c of two weeks ago.Or is it a reaction of keeping up with prenatal vitimens?
A related discussion, when can i start to conceive again and or ovulate was started.
A related discussion, I haven't started since March 7 was started.
srry to hear all u's storys.. i found out i was 2.5 weeks pregnant on Tuesday March 29, 11.. that same week on Friday i took some antibiotics! later that day i had some really bad crampinq .. ever since dat day i bleed for the whole month of April.. i had my first pcare app on the 21 of April, were i had a o/s done and they aint see anythinq.. i got blood work done & my htc level was low.. i got blood work done again on May 2.. went bk on the 5th and thats wen it was clear i had a m/c.. the dr said to take
a pregancy test on May 12th & it should be negative.. but it turned out positive.. i called to let the dr noe & now i hav 2 qet some blood work done.. i am hopin for the best but i hav come a lonq way & im so cofused i had never had a bby the m/c was my 1st pregnancy and i am still younq.. is like idk wat is goin on.. anyone hav any answers ? ik this is all vry strange : (
Hey, i miscarriage 3 wk ago today (may7),bleed for 6 days, had sex unprotected twice, the day the bleeding from mc stopped, started ovulating 6 days later( we used protection the days i was ovulating bc i wanted to listen 2 the dr who said to wait 2month)...i started spotting pinkish,now brownish, 6 days after ovulation, wondering if it implantation, but isnt it a stretch that sperm would like 6 days inside me? took a preg test today and said it neg, i dont know if my period is coming early, is that likely since i havent had a period yet since mc? ive been having cramps, ill prob wait 3 more days to take another test, just dont wanna get my hopes up..does anyone know a super sensative hpt? i tried first reponse but im not due for my period for 10more days,if its regular...has anyone else been in this situation,did your period come early? ive been super moody,feels like pms!
A related discussion, i lost my baby :( was started.
Hello I'm kaya.
Basically I just wanted to get abit of aadvice from someone that has actually experienced what I have.
may 29th 2011 I took a pregnancy test and it came back possitive. 2days later (31st) I started to experience light bleeding then eventually got heavier. I went to the hospital & I found out I was miscarrying. By the 5th of june I stoped bleeding. Then had unprotected intercourse a week and a day later after bleeding (13th)I still haven't yet got my period. Could I get pregnant in this time or not?
I just had a mc and I had sex right after that. I'm scared to take a hpt I'm kinda waiting a bit longer but I'm thinking what if I had twins and only mc one which is what runs in my family or I got pregnant when I had sex the night of my mc. Or maybe its in my head. Me and my husband really want a baby. I stopped bleeding after the mc about 2 days after and now its been a week and a half and I really think I'm whether still pregnant or got pregnant again. My mom did this same thing. I noticed my stomach was firmer after the blood stopped and I got in the shower. I showed my husband and he just kissed my stomach and smiled.
It is very possible. I had sex the night I mc and now a week and a half later my stomach firmed up again and I feel very pregnant like I did before. I'm confused and want help too
Hey all! I need help please!
I had a m/c last week and then had to have an emergency DNC, I was nearly 11weeks  and I'm just devastated this has happened! They found no heartbeat on the baby :( It took me a year to get pregnant because I have PCOS (polysistic ovaries) but I managed to fall pregnant just before they referred me to fertility specialist! I want to start trying ASAP and I have been told to wait for my first period but having PCOS it doesn't help as they're so irregular and I might not even have a period???? :(