Pregnancy Expert Forum
Can u color ur hair while being pregnant?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Hello ladies! I am 14 weeks pregnant and haven't had the chance to ask my doctor if I could color my hair while being pregnant. Do any of you ladies know if u can or cannot? Thanks much!
Yes. They say after first trimester and in a well ventilated area.
Yes! Definitely. The only thing you need to watch out for is that the color you're using might actually look different on your head. Horomones are crazy and could give you a different color from what you wanted.  I'd take a small strand of hair and test the color first.
Yes it's safe. As previously said, my doctor also told me the same thing, as long as you're in a well ventilated area. I dye my hair in our garage with the door all the way opened so the breeze airs it out pretty good.
Avoid Bleaching!
Hi I'm a hairdresser do u have colour on to the scalp or h/llights ans yes u can have both h/l is better as dosnt go onto the scalp but even the colours onto the scalp is ok what the doc might say is some of the chemicals may affect the baby as it go's into ur blood stream but it's at it own risk I now loads of ppl that do even I will and yes if hormones may change the colour only very little thou
its safe after the first trimester
its safe after the first trimester
its safe after the first trimester
Yes, it is safe but your hair may not react the way you want it to. My doctor said wait til the 2nd trimester and because of the hormones in your body, your hair could not hold the color or could hold it in a completely different way- a way that you may not like.
As they said, very well ventiolated.
It's ammonia, so be careful. It'd be the same asd changing kitty littert. Can be verty dangerous.
I apologize for horrible spelling.