Pregnancy Expert Forum
Chance of pregnancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Chance of pregnancy
Okay so my periods are very regular. I am on birth control pills and I take them at the same time every day, but sometimes I forget to take one or I'm a couple hours late taking one. I ended my period and starting a new pack of pills. I took the first week without missing any. Then the beginning of the second week I missed that pill. I first had protected sex and my partner finished in the condom. After my partner cleaned up. I then realized I hadn't taken my pill so I took it the same day, I was just late by about 4 or 5 hours. After I took my pill I would say 5-10 minutes later I was having unprotected sex for maybe a minute. My partner did not ejaculate but I'm worried about the previous sperm since he did ejaculate before. After that day I have taken my pills on time and haven't missed any. The other day I took a pregnancy test and it was negative but I think it was still early to take it. My period isn't due for another 7 days. What are the chances I could be pregnant? I have been on birth control for over a year now. Please help.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would tell you that I think your chances of pregnancy are quite low.  In fact, if you have a normal menstrual period at the end of your cycle, I would tell you that you're in the clear.  If you DONT have a normal period at the end of your cycle, I would recommend a pregnancy test at that point.
Good luck!
Dr B
also, the day i missed that pill by a couple of hours it was either that day or just a couple of days before I would have ovulated. I'm still not sure if you really do ovulate while on the pill but any answers would be grateful.