Pregnancy Expert Forum
Clomid cycle days

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Clomid cycle days
Hi I was prescribed clomid because I was not ovulating. I hadn't been able to use it becasue my husband and I were both deployed. It just so happens that we will be together for a two week window period next week and I wanted to know if it is too late to start taking my clomid script. If I took them starting today, it would be for cycle days 8-12 instead of the prescribed 3-7. I had been having irregular periods with no ovulation since March of this year and this past period (October 22nd) seems to have been my first normal period since it was 29 days since my last one and all the others had been as much as 40 to 44 days apart. Thanks!
Hi!
I am sorry to answer your question so late!  If you were my patient, I would tell you to go ahead and take the Clomid.  We often start women on Clomid without necessarily waiting for a period.  Some women just don't have them often enough for that.  Because your cycle is so irregular, you may or may not be developing a dominant follicle,--but probably are not.
Good luck!
Dr B
Hi I was on clomid 5-9 first cycle pregnant now 30wks! You should have started on the right day to make conception more successful I guess starting on 8 won't be effective but you can always ttc naturally keep practising lol then next month start clomid properly. It does work if used properly, ours was! Good luck lots of baby dust