Pregnancy Expert Forum
Constipation for 2 1/2 weeks now
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Constipation for 2 1/2 weeks now

Hi ladies. I have a question. I posted a question a week or so ago about being constipated. It has been 2 1/2 weeks now and I still feel "bound" up. I have managed to go to the bathroom a couple of times but it was extremely painful. For the last few days I have had really bad "potty" cramps and I can't go to the bathroom. I have terrible gas but it is too painful to push it out. (SORRY IF TMI). I don't know if this is something that I should talk to my doctor about or not??? HELP! I have tried Colace with no luck and eating prunes. I don't know what else to do. The cramping is pretty bad and I just don't know what to do at this point. I am just under 14 weeks along.
Related Discussions
7 Comments
Blank
I
Blank
How long were you doing the colace for? You should take 1 a day until "it" happens. Thats what the doctor told me and thankfully it worked. I would call your doctor. Thats not good to be that backed up. I forget whats its called (starts with an "m", on the tip of my tongue!!!) but there is a new softner that used to be prescription only but now it otc. Make sure to call your md asap. Hope u feel better soon.....
Blank
Hi there.  I am 13 weeks pregnant.  I too get sooooo constipated I cannot stand it.  What you need to try is Frosted Mini Wheats...the bite size ones.  If you get you a big bowl of those and eat them first thing when you wake up in the morning, you will stay regular.  It may take a few days at first to get into your body and do the job.  Let them get kinda soft and then eat them.  I know if I don't eat them every morning....I will pay for it.  I also drink lots of water and have started eating fruits daily.  Good luck!
Blank
Danielle,
  Oh my goodness I can soooo relate.  The pains are ridiculous. I had it for about 2 weeks and once I started to down apple juice everyday....I have loosened up soooo much.  Try it!!!
Blank
I have had so much constipation and then I woul have really bad gas cramps.  I would eat somthing that would cause diaria and and that would last for half the day and then go back.  I am also trying to figure out if I am prego or not I am confused onthat issue   with implantation bleeding my period was the 9th of june then I had some pink on the toilet paper when I went to the bathrrom at night. I took a preg test two days later and nothing. my period is due by July 4th to the 8th.  Can these be issues of pregnancies
Blank
Thank you all for your advice. Some of the tips that you gave me worked wonders. I now drink at least one glass of apple juice a day and it seems to keep me fairly regular. Thanks again for the advice.
Blank
I am 7 weeks pregnant and I too have been suffering with constipation...I think it has much to do with Progesterone supplements. Anyhow, I was going to take Colace to help move things along, but when I asked my doctor he told me to take Milk of Magnesia. It's not the tastiest stuff in the world...but the next morning was sweet relief from the misery that I had been experiencing all week.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now