Pregnancy Expert Forum
Constipation

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Constipation
Is there any 1st trimester safe remedies for constipation?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that many of the above remedies are excellent, and I don't see any that would be harmful.  My personal favorites are Miralax (don't take Immodium that is for diarrhea)
and Colace.  Both medications pass right through and are not absorbed, therefore, healthy for both mom and baby.
Good luck!
Dr B
i went to the dr last night for that.. and she told me immodium.
Stool Softners work wonders.
Milk of Magnesia worked for me. It was on the list of safe medications. I also drank prune juice and ate prunes. I was completely miserable and everything seemed to help.
Take fiber on a regular basis! Its worked for me and its deff safe, try benifiber
Try a warm bath and fiber one bars. They have like chocolate and oats flavored, tastes like granola bars...
Lactulose is very good. X
Do prune juice
I have one question. I'm pregnant for 7 weeks and i started blooding yesterday. They send me to do the BTHCG analisys and now i have to wait. I'm not bloding like i have menstruation but I'm scared. I want to know your opinions how serious is it...

-last week the doctor didn't see the baby just the place of baby (sory for my lenguage, i'm not good in it)