Pregnancy Expert Forum
Could I be pregnant in my tubes?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Could I be pregnant in my tubes?

Hi! I am a 19 year old female. Straight to the point. I haven't came on my monthly since March 16. At first i was having all the signs of being pregnant. I have took  6 P/T's and they all came back negative. The doctor even gave me pills to take to start my cycle but still no monthly. According to the due date calculator I should be about 21 weeks along. I have an appointment Sept 19. But that is to far away. I need to now. Can you help me.

Sounds like you are not pregnant.  There are other reasons why women have irregular menses.  These may include the following: thyroid abnormalities, increased prolactin levels, significant stress, polycystic ovarian syndrome or premature ovarian failure.  If it has been over three months since your last menses, your ob/gyn should begin to work you up for a cause.  

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Hi there... to have a tubal pregnancy is extreamely dangerous even deadly. Usually if you have a tubal pregnancy it will still show up on a urine p/t .  Also you will feel extreame sharp pain in your pelvic area either on the left or right side and it will be sinsitive to the touch .... I think if you had a tubal pregnancy you would have made a trip to the er by now as your tube would have ruptured by now. When you go to the doctor ask them to run a blood pregnancy test.  

Id you have been undergoing alot of stress this can cause your period to delay or if you are mal nutritioned or had a drastic weight change . It could be Millions of underlyeing reason why you havent started.  You said you are haveing the syptoms (symptoms) of being pregnant .. are you still haveing them are you showing??? usually you would be showing by now  and had weight gain.   also were you ever on the depo shot???? or birth control and then stop takeing it. When I was on the depo I didnt have periods anymore ... then when I stopped takeing the depo shot I didnt get my period until a year later.
Well i cant be pregnant in my tubes. b/c im not having any of those kinds of pain. It looks like my stomach has changed a lil in its figure. Yes i am still having signs of been pregnant. Yes i was on birth control both the shot and the pill. But after i got off of my brith control. I had my period monthly.
Best bet is to run a Blood Test (Beta HCG Test) so you can be assured if you're truly positive or truly negative.
you are right: Sept. is too long to wait. Get the test NOW because if you ARE pregnant you don't want to waste anymore time. Go to any doctor or women's cllinic. TODAY.

Good luck.
ok im sure u r nt pregnant!!

i have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and can say u would either be dead by now or have had a treatment for a tubal preg if u had been!

hello Dr. Downing, i had a c-section 3 yrs ago and my husband and i have been planning a preg.  we got pregnant, on sept 4th and 5th i had two urine test done, both positive.  my question is i have been geting some pains on my right side. i hope that it is not a ectopic pregnancy.  could the pains that i am experiencing be due to my c-section??  how early in pregnancy can you begin th develop signs of an ectopic pregnancy?

thank you
Daisy
hi can anyone help me regarding my question above... thank you.... Daisy
You might want to start a new thread posing the question to dr.downey. once he's answered he may not look at this one agan..?!
Nicky
thank you.. :)