Pregnancy Expert Forum
Could this have been prevented
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Could this have been prevented

Hi, I just have some concern about my pregnancy and hoping someone could help. I am 31 years od age and I have an 10 year old daughter, so when my husband and I found out we were pregnant again we were excited. Everything as going great, even though i was on blood pressure medicine and concerned about my weight, every visit it was normal and the baby and I were fine. I was 12 weeks and after intercourse I started to bleed, not much, but was concerned. went to doctor and after a few test, was told I was fine and the baby was fine, Sometime women bleed during pregnance. I was put on some restriction-no sex for awhile. After that I didn't have any more bleeding. I continued to go to the doctor and contined to pass all test that the dr. was concern about. We were 21 weeks pregnant and  I started bleeding again, this time a little heavier. Went in and took all kinds of test and passed all. they couldn't see anything wrong on ultrasound, found out were having our 1st son, our daughter is so excited, that was on Tuesday. Wednedsay started cramping called doctor he told me too take some tylenol and if bleeding gets worse to come in. The bleeding was still da same I was just cramping.Thursday and Friday feeling great, getting ideas ready for new baby.No cramps just bleeding. SaturdayMorning feeling o.k. later on start cramping badly. realize I was in labor went to hospital at 21 weeks and 4 day delivered our son and 3 hours later he died. I am overwieght 260pds and I am on high blood pressure medicine, they told me that it was an abruptive placenta and happens mostly in wonem with high blood pressure. My question could thia have benn prevented?Why didn't they see this on all the ultrasounds and is bleeding normal in pregancies.