Pregnancy Expert Forum
Could this reallly be happening?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Could this reallly be happening?

Hello, i have tried to get pregnant for a while now now my last monthly was in aug and i have so far missed 2 periods? now i took a test a my 7 week mark and it was neg, and thgen abother at my 10 weeks mark and it was still negative now i still havnt gotten my period and were already half way thru october!!! is it possible to test negative this far in! or is this baby to good to be true!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would have to advise you that if your pregnancy tests are negative, you are not pregnant.  You may have a mild hormone imbalance (most commonly women have PCOS) that is causing you to miss your periods, but if you were pregnant, it should definitely register by now.
Good luck!
Dr B
U probably should go to ur Dr. office and have them give u a blood pregnancy test bc thts what they had to do for me and im 10 weeks today
Hi berlin386,
I'm going thru what u are going thru now. Last period was in Aug but I tested neg. Went to see a GP and she said that eventhough I'm tested neg there is likely a chance that I'm still pregnant. We will see okay. If ur in doubt, see a gynae! :)
I completely understand the disappointment of wanting that pregnancy to happen, and getting all those false starts.  I have pcos, and had many missed periods.  After trying for 3 1/2 years, my husband and i finally stopped trying.  After a year, i started getting symptoms (like crying during home improvement shows), and i convinced myself to take a test eventhough i dreaded getting my hope up.  Viola!  What do you know?  4 1/2 years of negative tests and we finally have a positive.  When the time is right it will happen, but it hurts to get your hopes up.
I went thru a situation like that but it ended up being a blighted ovum. I had never heard anything like it and I'm an LVN. I was getting negative results on urine tests but when they did a blood test it was positive but when my doc tried to see baby at what I was suppose to be 7 weeks there was nothing so my doc thought maybe I was earlier then thought but drew blood and tried ultrasound every week. The only thing that every developed was the sac, no baby then my hcg levels eventually started declining and I miscarried.