Pregnancy Expert Forum
Cramps

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Cramps

I just found out after almost 3 years of trying that I'm pregnant. So I want to make sure everything goes smoothly obviously. I have my first appointment in two days, but I'm slightly freaking out right now. Are cramps normal? I've had no spotting and I seem to have every other pregnancy symptom. Just is this normal or should I call my doctor now? It wasn't just on one side until last night. The other side hurts sometimes. Drinking and eating seem to help. Is it just my body changing? Thanks!
Hi!
Cramps are common, and usually no need for alarm.  If a miscarriage is going to occur, there is usually bleeding too.  I usually advise my patients to call with any concern though, and it is never wrong to check in with your doctor.
If the cramping is on the left side, that is commonly related to the colon.
Stretching of the uterus in the early weeks can cause cramping too.
Hope all goes well for you!
Dr B
Hi, congratulations. I'm 8 weeks and just started getting mild cramps. There not as bad as period pains. I think they are pretty normal as long as they aren't very painful or accompanied by bleeding but talk to your doctor at your appointment

Good luck
Hi there

Im just over 7 weeks pregnant now and i had very bad period like cramps early on. The doc said that it is normal and some women do get them. He says that it is the changing body. As said by Toni, as long as the pain is bare able and there is not blood, you should be just fine. good luck!!!
Thanks all! I told my doctor and he didn't seem too concerned. I'm feeling better now, still anxious an hoping this is really the real deal
Hi all,
I am new to this thread.After 3 years of trying we decided to get IVF done next month.and out of the blue i took the ept today and its positive....could not believe at first..but the line is so dark..i am having all the symptoms from last 1 week.and also i am 1 week late for my periods..i still cant believe.cannot go to doc as i just started my new job and dont have my new insurance card.So if i go with my lmp i am 5 week prego today ...but today as i noticed my breast soreness is not there..its heavy though but no pain..is it normal?
Hello!

I just read your post and wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy. I too was in the process of going through IVF (ICSI) next month and although I did not get a positive pregnancy test, I do believe I had implantation bleeding as I got what I thought was a period 2 weeks early. I am waiting for Nov 5th to retest to find out if I am pregnant so the waiting will be totally killing me.

Please post your update after you go and see your doctor. Congrats!