Pregnancy Expert Forum
Does it matter?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Does it matter?

I was wondering if it matters how many times a day you have sexual intercourse & times you have it? In order to become pregnant, I didn't think it mattered as long as you had it that day (if you're ovulating).
Hi!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you that the optimal frequency of intercourse during your fertile time is daily.  It IS possible to have intercourse TOO often which actually can deplete the sperm in the ejaculate.  (I once had a patient who was indulging three times a day!) Also, it is more important to have intercourse before and on the day of ovulation--if the sperm are not available when the egg is released--they are out of luck!
Hope this helps!
Dr B
I am tryn to conceive... My husband n I have been tryn a whole year n sum.
I have an app now dat let's me kno wen um ovalating... Hope we are able to conceive now.. The whole process is a blessing.....
Good luck. May you be blessed with a little one soon (or however many you concieve (conceive)). [=
Hey there Gabby,my OB doctor told us its best to have sex every other day around the time of ovulation due to the fact that the sperm lives up to 72 hours once inside of you. Another thing I was told is that your ovulation day is 14 days BEFORE your next period instead of 14 days from the start of your period. Hope this is helpful, it worked for me I am now 9 weeks pregnant :) hope it works out for you.
GOOD LUCK
You also have to make sure that you dont have sex too infrequently.  My doc said every other day is good. More than that and the sperm count is depleted. If you go a week or more without the first ejaculation will be filled with dead or dying sperm.
Thank you all. Very informative & helpful.
Hi I'm Kelly and I've been tryin to have a baby for the past 3 years and I was wondering just because I have sex a lot with my Boyfriend does that mean I wont be able.to.get pregnant?  And isn't there a pill u could take to make u more fertile
If I hv a smart phone download the app P tracker. Enter all information as it come record periods begin and end when u hv been intimate and so on. It'll give u ovulation dates etc... Yay I'm pregnant now I used to app. Faithfully. : )
My doc told me when I was Ttc that you can have sex to much so me and my husband Reyes every 2 days and it worked I am 18 weeks
There are medications that can make you ovulate. One is called cholmed. But your doctor would prescribe them for you. Three years is a long time to be trying! I went after a year of trying and was able to get pregnant! Mine was a timing thing because I am so irregular. But you might not be ovulating if you've been trying for three years! Definetly to talk to your ob/gyn!