Pregnancy Expert Forum
EDD

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

EDD
I have been to the doctors this morning to tell them I am pregnant. I have been on various websites and each of them tell me Im due 24th Nov and am 4 weeks plus 5 days. My doctor has told me I am due the 27th November but Im 5 weeks. How does this work?? Im a little confused. The first day of my last period wast 17th Feb 13 and lasted 5 days
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that
there are different methods of calculating due dates and all of them are known as ESTIMATED date of delivery.  You will probably get another estimated due date after you have your ultrasound too.  It isn't possible to know exactly when conception took place so it isn't possible to know what the exact date of delivery will be.  
Each date you are given will have a margin of error of +/- up to 3 weeks.
So just go with the ball park.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thankyou for your help. So when Im looking at progress charts (like on this website) I should take it with a pinch of salt?? Cant wait for my ultrasound !!!!!
Hey I Sent U A Message
Doctors always date it from the last day of your missed period. My test said 2-3 wks and according to doc I was 4 because how they calculate it. Youll know exactly on your first ultrasound when they measure the baby. X