Pregnancy Expert Forum
Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gestational Trophoblastic Disease

Hi-
I had a D&C in November after being about 6 weeks along.  They said it was a blighted ovumn.  There was no fetal tissue found.  They looked at the tissue taken out at the D&C and she says it is not a molar pregnacy.  However, my HCG had been dropping, but very slowly.  I have taken a blood test every week, and every week it had dropped, but not much.  Two weeks ago it was at 13 so I was excited because I thought I would be at 6 or under the next week.  I had also started bleeding like a period that week, so I thought whatever was left in there was finally coming out.  But when I got tested this past week I was at 15, which is the first time it has ever gone up.  So, my doctor became concerned and I have gestational trophoblastic disease.  Friday I had an ultra sound, chest X-ray. and blood work done.  I  will find out results from my tests on Monday.  I am concerned that I will need to take this chemo medicine to get rid of the cells/tissues producing the HCG.  She said it might have been a fluke that they went up, but I don't want to get my hopes up.  I am scared that it has spread to other organs and now I have cancer.  
Thank you for your time.