Pregnancy Expert Forum
HCG in pregnant women??

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

HCG in pregnant women??
I was just wondering if there is any way possible that a woman could be pregnant and not produce HCG??? I've heard of some women not ever showing on hpt's and some women that took up until 5-6 months to show positive on a blood test or had to find out by ultrasound because no test would pick it up! Can this happen? Please tell me if you've ever seen this!

I'm not aware of any reports of such a thing occurring.  If that sort of thing occurred it would be an extreme exception and not the rule.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing