Pregnancy Expert Forum
HELP!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

HELP!!
I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and for the past couple weeks have been more nausious and throwing up more than I have throughout my whole pregnancy. Every night I wake up nausious and am constantly turning and moving to try to stop it because I feel like I am going to throw up. It carries on into my morning. I usually eat around noon for the first time during the day and no matter what I eat I always throw it back up. Sometimes I throw up even when I do not eat. Like I said it is worse than ever and it is very aggrivating. Any advice on what is happening or what to do?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would do some blood work to screen for any evidence of liver enzyme abnormality.  If the liver enzymes were fine, platelets were good and your blood pressure was OK, I would just offer you some medications for GERD (such as Prilosec or Prevacid) and some medications for nausea.  Frequent smaller meals is the usual advice, and can often help with symptoms.
DO be sure to tell your OB about your symptoms.
Good luck!
Dr B
It's common to get sickness at the end of pregnancy. It's mainly due to the baby taking up more space and your stomach being a little confined. Try to eat little and often and drink plenty of water. If you are being sick that often though, I would go to the doctors as they can give you something to help with the nausea. Make sure you take pregnancy vitamins too.