Pregnancy Expert Forum
Help Please!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Help Please!

My last period was Sept 21st. I've been having unprotected sex since then. I got paranoid and went to the clinic Sept 29th and they said I wasn't pregnant. After that I continued to have unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Yesterday morning was the last time we had sex. Then today Oct 7th I went to the doctors for a check up but asked if I can do a pregnancy test. It said negative. And my doctor said it was going to say negative, it's to early to tell. You have to wait until you've missed your period. Is the doctors test accurate (urine test)? Is it to early to tell? Am I pregnant?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that most pregnancy tests are not going to turn positive until the time of the expected menstrual period--or AT LEAST 10 days after ovulation.  Urine tests are very accurate and if yours is negative you are probably not pregnant YET.  You should do something differently if you don't want to be pregnant.  Don't forget about emergency contraception (Plan B, Next Choice).
Good luck!
Dr B
5 Comments
Blank
You could very well be, but as your doctor said, it's too early to get a positive test. Mine came back neg. until l was 7 weeks along. I would at least start pulling out if you dont want a baby...
Blank
It only takes once to get pregnant. Yes you can be. It happen to me .now im expecting :). Good luck
Blank
Thank God ths reply was helpful 2 me.. My LMD was sept 20th n dd a preg test yday.. It shwd negative.. And I fo
Blank
* I found my answer :) thank you
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker