Pregnancy Expert Forum
Help Please!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Help Please!

My last period was Sept 21st. I've been having unprotected sex since then. I got paranoid and went to the clinic Sept 29th and they said I wasn't pregnant. After that I continued to have unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Yesterday morning was the last time we had sex. Then today Oct 7th I went to the doctors for a check up but asked if I can do a pregnancy test. It said negative. And my doctor said it was going to say negative, it's to early to tell. You have to wait until you've missed your period. Is the doctors test accurate (urine test)? Is it to early to tell? Am I pregnant?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that most pregnancy tests are not going to turn positive until the time of the expected menstrual period--or AT LEAST 10 days after ovulation.  Urine tests are very accurate and if yours is negative you are probably not pregnant YET.  You should do something differently if you don't want to be pregnant.  Don't forget about emergency contraception (Plan B, Next Choice).
Good luck!
Dr B
You could very well be, but as your doctor said, it's too early to get a positive test. Mine came back neg. until l was 7 weeks along. I would at least start pulling out if you dont want a baby...
It only takes once to get pregnant. Yes you can be. It happen to me .now im expecting :). Good luck
Thank God ths reply was helpful 2 me.. My LMD was sept 20th n dd a preg test yday.. It shwd negative.. And I fo
* I found my answer :) thank you