Pregnancy Expert Forum
High PAPP-A level

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

High PAPP-A level
Hi!

I got the first Trimester Test.(16w+5) NT and HCG values are normal. My Risk of down and edward sendr. are very low. But My PAPP- A is high which is 6,6(normal level is 1,0) Can anybody say me what does it mean?

Thanks a lot
Hi!
Because this is a statistical test, it is very important to take all the parameters as a whole and not individually.  If when all the values are calculated together your risk for Down's and Edwards are very low, then that is the information that the test was designed to convey.  It is basically a test to help you decide if you would want to have an amniocentesis or not.  Outside of that, we don't know if there is a lot of significance to the numbers.  Maybe in the future we will, but for now, don't over interpret the test!

Good luck!
Dr B
Actually test was 12w+5 days. I read that high papp-a could result nooans sendr or miscarriage.. You are correct that these are just studies.

Thanks alot.
You are helpfull.