Pregnancy Expert Forum
High soft cervix

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

High soft cervix

So I'll give you my story I Had a MC Oct 28 2006 and no testing to see the cause.  No D&C.  So I had another one Aug 27 2007 and D&C on Sept. 5th and started being sexually active again with my husband Sept. 8th as oked by my Dr. well I am now 6 day past my first Ovulation since my MC and I noticed the blue veins are back on my breasts and I'm feeling feverish and I've got ton of gas and indigestion.  I've alos been checking my cervix and I read on the internet that after O the cervix should be low and hard unless pregnancy occurs.  Well mine is hard to reach and is very soft to the touch alomost blends in with the vaginal wall.  So I'm wondering if this is an accurate way to predict pregnancy before a positive pregnancy test.

Conception can occur from the time of ovulation to ~24 later.  Sperm can live in the fallopian tubes for ~72 hrs thus intercourse prior to ovulation can result in pregnancy.  I wouldn't make any assumption about pregnancy based on you palpating your cervix.  If you think you might be pregnant take a HPT.  

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Also when does conception really occur during intercourse at Ovulation time or after implantion?
Usually the softness occurs four to six weeks after pregnancy occurs if I am informed correctly, but honestly I don't think I would go by this to try to determine if you are pregnant or not.  Every woman is built differently and every cervix is different.  Also there is a risk of infection of checking your own cervix.  I personally believe this is best left up to the doctor.  My cervix sits up at the vaginal opening even during pregnancy because I have what is considered to be an infantile cervix.  I do not get my cervix checked often because I have an incompetant cervix and problems with preterm labor in which it is pertinent not to disturb the cervix as much as possible.  I've read some of your other posts and I am really sorry for your miscarriages.  I really think that the best thing to do for yourself is to try to relax and give the situation to God.  Obssessing over whether or not you might be pregnant each month is really going to take its toll on you.  I know what it can be like to want a baby so bad and be trying for so long.  It took me two years to get pregnant with my daughter.  Just my own thoughts, but anyway good luck and all you can really do is wait and see if you miss.  Good luck!