Pregnancy Expert Forum
Horrible Pains

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Horrible Pains

I'm 14 weeks 2 days and I'm having some excruciating pains in my lower stomach and back. Sometimes I can't even get up because it hurts so bad. I've taken Tylenol to try to ease the pain but it doesnt work. What could  these pains be? What can be done for them?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to come in for an exam.  There are so many different things that this could be.  The most serious one would be torsion (or twisting) of the left ovary, and that is what I would want to look for. The most common thing that could cause this is constipation which is extremely common in pregnancy and could cause some serious left sided pain.
Probably the best advise I can give you is to go see your doctor or midwife.
Good luck!
Dr B
I had the same thing when I was 14 weeks if it gets to bad you should tell your doctor but everything was ok with me it is just alot of changes in your body and the baby is growing.
my marriage is 9 months. my wife is not pregnant. please give me some advice and perfect date sex my wife is pregnany.
I had really bad cramping with my son early in pregnancy it brought me to tears it was so bad, it was just stretching pains, but you should go to your doctor and check to make sure the pains are not a sign of an ectopic pregnancy
I had took a at home pg test Sunday it was positive this will b my 3 rd child  based on my LMP I'm 5 weeks and 2 days but I been haven pain. under my stomach like I'm my pelvis area some times it stay and goes but its not really NAD its like 4 on a scale
A related discussion, help dont know if i could be pregnant was started.
A related discussion, no Lamaze classes nearby was started.
A related discussion, complications in pregnancy was started.