Pregnancy Expert Forum
How many weeks?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How many weeks?

I haven't had my period since the last week of january. I just found out that I test positive for pregnancy last night. How far along am I? and when do I need to go to the doctors?
Tags: Pregnancy
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
Congratulations!  If your last menstrual period began around the 25th of January, you are about 8 weeks along now.  You should schedule your doctor's appointment as soon as possible, and start taking a supplement with at least 400 mcg of folic acid (all prenatal vitamins will have this).
Good luck!
Dr B
7 Comments
Blank
Thank you so muchh! So that's about 2 months?
Blank
Congrats.
I am also 8 weeks.  Due Oct 30
Good luck and enjoy!
Blank
3198629_tn?1367042023
8 weeks is exactly two months. You should get a dating ultrasound. Congratulations. =D I'm 14w+5d.
Blank
5141429_tn?1379908422
Im not too far ahead of you, im 9 weeks and 5 days and my Baby's due october 23. Good luck
Blank
Congratulations!

You should call your OB/GYN doctor and they will want to know when your last menstral cycle was... since you're last was 8 weeks ago, they will get you in to confirm pregnancy via ultrasound. Then they will take measurements of the baby and confirm for you then exactly how many weeks/days you ACTUALLY are and give you a due date!!!

It's SUCH an amazing time in any woman's life. Congrats and prayers for a happy, healthy pregnancy!!

Blank
13 weeks due oct 20
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker