Pregnancy Expert Forum
I Think I might be pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I Think I might be pregnant

Everyone I have a question and i  need some advice. I'm currently have the Mirena I've had it for 2 and a half yrs. I took 2 HPT the said neg I even had a DR appt the test even said neg, but it looks like i'm at lease 2 mths had anybody gotten pregnant on the Mirena.
Hi!
Many women do get pregnant in spite of the MIrena, although the failure rate with Mirena is no higher than with other birth control methods.
Usually removal of the IUD is recommended if possible when pregnancy occurs.  Sometims is not possible, and healthy babies have been born with the Mirena still in place in the uterus.
Good luck!
Dr B