Pregnancy Expert Forum
I may have ingested plastic and I'm pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I am 22 weeks pregnant and I think I may have accidently eaten some plastic.  Should I be worried?
Hi!
Your body won't be able to digest plastic, so there should be no cause for alarm for the baby.  The plastic (if it did go in) will most likely just come on through.

Unless it was a large amount, and you are concerned that it might cause obstruction, I would simply eat lots of fiber and drink lots of fluids to help push it through.

If you do get pain, or get backed up so that you are not passing gas or having bowel movements, that would be worriesome for obstruction, and that needs an ER visit!

Good luck!

Dr B