Pregnancy Expert Forum
Im 33 weeks and 4 days Pregnant, Am I Having Real Contractions Or Braxt...

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Im 33 weeks and 4 days Pregnant, Am I Having Real Contractions Or Braxton Hicks?

I 33 weeks and 4 days Pregnant Last Night Around 11pm I Started to Have Contractions or Braxton Hicks but i Could't tell the difference but they lasted till 4;35am and they lasted for 30 seconds to a min... and they were about 4 to five mins apart. I Tried Walking and drinking water but it did't help. When I changed positions it also did not help, It had my lower back hurting and i had a little butt pain... and was feeling very Nasuea..... What was I experiencing? Should I Be Concern? Could It Be a Sign of Pre-mature Laber?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to call me if your contractions were strong, regular and 10 minutes or less apart and going on for more than one hour. If they are irregular, or stop and start, they are Braxton Hicks. In your case, I would probably have wanted you to call.  I would want to check you for dilation and effacement of the cervix and that would help me determine how worried to be. Probably ought to give your doctor a ring!
Good luck!
Dr B