Pregnancy Expert Forum
Im 6 wks pregnant with a bleeding hemmorhoid

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I'm 41 and this is our first pregnancy. We've been trying for 18 yrs, I am being very careful no meds of any kind but this has stopped me in my tracks. Ive had them off & on all my life. I use prep h and am really good about veggies,water and I've been off caffeine for months. I am really enjoying my pregnancy "side effects" ;-) , with the exception of the hemmorhoids. Are they a danger to my pregnancy or my baby, they do bleed a little every day, and its very hard to do #2 ? :-( . I'm usually very regular, should i take stool softners and is the prenate vitamin causing this issue? Thank you any advise is really appreciated.
HI!
IF you were my patient, I would definitely advise you to use both a stool softener (these are not absorbed---they just pass right though) AND preparation H or Tucks or something to help alleviate the symptoms.
Hemorrhoids are varicose veins, and can swell for many reasons during pregnancy, and it is common for hemorrhoids to flare up.  It will not hurt the baby unless you bleed enough to become anemic, which is unlikely.
It is possible that the vitamin is contributing, but the progesterone being produced by the placenta is probably the real culprit.  You can by a prenatal vitamin with a stool softener added in, which  might be a good idea.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
I feel the same way! My Dr said it was 100% fine to take Miralax and stool softeners! I had to take the miralax every other day for about a week to get things going....and get passed the hemroids! If u know what i mean...
Omg! Yes I know plus having to pee constantly puts me in the place that my body usually says go ahead do 2 lol . My mom says warm soak in tub will help to, I'm also drinking lots of lemon water to help with my kidney stones.
Thank You Dr B .
I ended up at dr's office monday. My preg. Symptoms were gone for about 48hrs & I got really scared. I'm calculated at 6weeks 4days he did a sono and we only saw a yolk sac. I was given progesterone gel & baby aspirin, they did blood work to get my levels for the next 2week weeks and another sonogram in two weeks where he expects to see more. I dont have any bleeding or discharge, no cramping & my breasts are sore again. So we have hope especially since we did a hpt and got a strong
positive result and our conception date by memory :-) was Oct 7th with ovulation kit. We are hoping that our due date changes giving our lil zygote a lil more time to grow :-) .