Pregnancy Expert Forum
Is there danger ?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Is there danger ?
I took a pregnancy test & it was positive about 2 week ago but my last period was 2 months ago.  I'm still waiting on blood test to confirm my pregnancy. Can my baby be in danger because of all this waiting?
Hi!
Congratulations!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that unless you are engaging in high risk behaviors such as drinking or using illegal drugs, the waiting period shouldn't make any difference.  There is a lot of waiting involved in pregnancy--waiting for the test, waiting for the first appointment, waiting for the ultrasound, etc.  May as well get used to it!
Best Wishes!
Dr B
Not really unless you've been using drugs and alcohol since you didn't know.
Always possibility of miscarriage but waiting would not make a difference , they happen because of nature and generally not preventable anyways if it is goin to happen its goin to happen unless ilits a cervical problem or something else , bit if its unhealthy pregnancy or genetic cant really stop it, so dOnt worry lady , odds are u n baby will be fine , take care of urself tho prenatal vitamin with 1 mg folic acid they all have it i believe n eat best u can etc is all u can do right now ; )