Pregnancy Expert Forum
Is this affecting my baby?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Is this affecting my baby?
I just found out Friday I am 11 weeks into my pregnancy. Still had to believe cause my husband and I tried for over a year. Well I been having this odd sick thing for a month now. I have a rough cough and flem coming up. I don't have allergys but my sisters do. I'm not sure if it is from the weather changes like one day it was 32 and snowing and now it is 74 out. Eather way is this effecting my baby more than me? Is there any over the counter drugs that can help cause like I said I have had this for awhile and it drives me crazy. I was doing hot tea and honey at least three times a day before I found out.
Pregnancy can lower your immune system.  Cold and flu like symptoms are very common. Tylenol, Ricola drops, tea and rest are the best remedies.
On my safe list: sudafed, benadryl, Robitussin-DM, Claritin, Tylenol.
It's quite possible that you are not, sick at all. Pregnancy increases all of your body fluids, so extra mucous/phlegm can be a product of that. Just relax and take it easy, I've had a stuffed nose for about 10 weeks now. It's frustrating, but there isn't much  I can  do about it.
You should ask ur doctor. I know that any pill can harm the baby.... Don't take if the doctor does not give permission!