Pregnancy Expert Forum
Is this normal for 37 weeks?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Is this normal for 37 weeks?

Ill be 37 weeks tomorrow and just haven't been feeling right at all. Two days ago I started getting headaches.. it was mild but very annoying. And it keeps coming and going ever since. Yesterday I started swelling in my hands and feet (never swelled any other time this whole pregnancy) so I kinda figured its the heat since its been around 100 degrees here but I haven't been outside I've stayed inside. I felt so hot yesterday like I was going to die but it was 66 degrees in my apartment. So I took a cold shower and that helped somewhat, enough for me to get a little comfortable. I took my own blood pressure and it was around 134/82. And to be honest I really don't know what my blood pressure normally is but I've heard not to worry unless the bottom number is 90 or above. So yea then my headache came back and I got nauseous so I layed down and tried to take a nap.. didn't work so well. Finally fell asleep last night and slept "ok" if u would call it that. Woke up and my hands and feet still swollen... not very bad though but its enough to get on my nerves. The bottom of my feet and my toes and fingers are so tight and tingly =/ my face isn't swollen that I can tell but my eyes do feel strange/heavier than usual. What should I do? My blood pressure has always been okay at my dr visits. They never tell me the numbers tho they just say its good. I had also been having a hard time breathing and chest pains like ill gasp for oxygen but that slowed down. It happened again today. I went to the hospital for that maybe a month ago and they said it was normal and treated me for dehydration even tho I was taking in a lot of fluids. I just don't know what to do.
That sounds a lot like pre-eclampsia, i think you should go get checked to be honest, better safe than sorry x
Do you have trouble breathing when you lay flat. You should report these symptoms to your Dr. asap. Please let us know how you are doing!
If u feel any balling. Up. Of the baby your ready I was 37weeks mondayw and delivered within 40min july9 at 543am