Pregnancy Expert Forum
Itchy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Itchy

According to the prego apps im 2 weeks. Is itchy breast and nipples an early sign of pregnancy? This has been goin on for a couple weeks now.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that sore nipples are definitely part of pregnancy.  Itchy nipples are more likely to be caused by candida/yeast.  I would suggest getting some Nystatin topical ointment--it can be purchased at any drug store--and applying to the nipples for several days.  Alterantively, you could request a prescription from you doctor for Diflucan which would also help.
Be sure to discuss with your provider at your  first ob visit!
Good luck!
Dr B
8 Comments
Blank
Have you taken a test? Two weeks is pretty early to know.
Blank
No I haven't I thought it was too early to test but I did ask a nurse and she said I might be. So I'll just wait awhile
Blank
I had itchy breast in 2 weeks i am now 3 weeks and 4 days...pregnant for sure
Blank
I had itchy breast in 2 weeks i am now 3 weeks and 4 days...pregnant for sure
Blank
Welk I looked up this Candida and I dont have any of those symptoms so im canceling that out. I will know if im prego if aunt flo doesn't show. She's always onn time or a lil early.
Blank
I started having cramps and stomach pains and mood swings as soon as i conceived. So u found out when i was 2 weeks
Blank
Hi I had really itchy nipples early on for every pregnancy. ( I've been pregnant 6 times now). This was usually the first sign for me.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now