Pregnancy Expert Forum
Leaking amniotic fluid in early pregnancy?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second child.  Yesterday I got up from laying on the sofa and realized I was wet.  I had a pantyliner on (due to excess mucous) but the wetness went through onto my underwear and to my pants.  It didn't appear to be urine but I am not sure.  Nothing else has happened since.  My question is, could I be leaking fluid this early on and if I was would there be enough at 6 weeks to do all that?  I am totally freaked out!  Everything in my pregnancy has been fine  up until now.  Please help!?!?!

You are too early to be leaking fluid.  It was probably urine.  

Dr. Downing
as u would know, this being your second child, when your waters break/leak they dont just stop they keep on going untill the child is born, since in your case nothing els has happend i am taking that as it still not happening, i dont believe that it is your waters breaking. congratulations on your pregnancy though and good luck...
My water broke with my first child 2 weeks before my due date and I remember the sweet smell of the fluid.  It was not a typical vaginal smell and was "clean" smelling.  Also, the discharge  came from my vagina, not my clitoris area, like a urine break.

We are trying to get pregnant again and twice early on (in the first 2 weeks), the same "water break" has happened like a mini rupture and it came from my vagina (it felt like I was discharging like my period was coming) and it was a sweet smell.  It was not a urine leak because I know the difference between the two feelings of vaginal and clitoris fluid excreting.  I would see your doctor asap.  I don't agree it was a urine leak.  

Thanks for your comment.  It's good to hear of others experiencing the same thing to know I'm not crazy.  :>
A related discussion, pregnancy question was started.