Pregnancy Expert Forum
Long Distance Flight in very early pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Long Distance Flight in very early pregnancy

I just found out I'm 4w4d pregnant.  Although, I don't have any symptoms as of yet, I am concerned about my long distance Int'l flight (14hours) next week.  My first Prenatal Check-up is scheduled on 4/3/07 after coming back to the U.S.  This is a trip I cannot avoid, so please advise what I should be careful during the flight/ trip.
Thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
189516_tn?1211718811
I was 5 weeks when I had to fly back to the states from Korea. I just got up and went to the bathroom often.
Blank
I flew early in my 1st pregnancy - but checked with my Ob first.  They said there was no problem with flying - even long trips - during pregnancy.  The problems arise later - NOT due to the actualy flying but being away from your OB office JUST IN CASE you were to go into labor.  I know you said you had an apt after you return but you should be able to contact the office and speak to an OB nurse who can ease your mind.  : )  HTH
Erin
Blank
205230_tn?1237408793
Angelina Jolie had no problems.  8-) She flew long distances from the beginning to the practical end!  Crazy lady!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now