Pregnancy Expert Forum
Lots of pain!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Lots of pain!

I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first and am very worried about a lot of pains I have been getting.
I've always suffered from severe back pain but in the last few days leading up to the 10 week mark the back pain has been excruciating and accompanied by a lot of pelvic pain which I understand some women suffer from. However I have also been getting shooting pains down both my legs and muscular pain so bad I can barely walk at some points. Also, today the pain was so bad, I very nearly collapsed and passed out in the middle of Tesco!

I dont know if anyone else has had this but I am very worried...
Please help!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want to bring you in for an ultrasound.  I would want to rule out an ovarian cyst.  I would also want to rule out a tubal or cornual pregnancy, although it is unlikely at your stage.  If neither of those was present, I would also look at your uterus for evidence that it is retroverted (tilted to the back instead of over the bladder) sometimes women with a retroverted uterus can have significant pain as the uterus straightens out and grows out of the pelvis.  I would defintely want you to call me, and I would defintely bring you in!
Good luck!
Dr B
It would be smart to call ur doc and schedule an emergency appt
I too have suffered from horrible back pain sine early childhood. I had my first child a yr ago and during the pregnancy the pain grew worse. same symptoms. I scheduled a dr apt right away when I noticed and nothing was wrong w my baby, just me. See, previosly i learned that the pain shooting down my legs and the horrible lower back pain I was used to was caused by two compressed nerves. The dr then recommended physical therapy but I felt my schedule was too full to bother. When the pain got worse with pregnancy, I knew it couldn't wait. my OB recommended physical therapy and said that pregnancy is a great time to do therapy since my back is so flexible. right now everything is adjusting to the baby for the growth of your child and back pain can lead to worse pain down the line during the birth.

talk to your ob and find out if your baby is healthy. if it isn't your baby it's you. follow the dr's direction no matter how busy you think you are. hope this helps.