Pregnancy Expert Forum
Low Sac

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Low Sac

I was at my OB doctor yesterday, and he looked over my ultrasound, and made the comment, "the sac is low isn't it".
Is that a bad thing?
Hi!
I hope not!  A low sac can be a sign that the pregnancy is going to miscarry.  If the sac is down by the cervix or opening of the uterus.  Do you know if it was big enough?  Did they see a heart beat?  Was the sac nice and round or irregular (another bad sign)?
Also, if you are having bleeding, that's not too good either.

Sometimes though, it can just mean that that is where the baby happened to implant in the uterus.  If the pregnancy continues and does well, my only concern then would be to make sure the placenta wasn't low (placenta previa).

I wish you all the best!

Dr B