Pregnancy Expert Forum
Lower left back pain in early pregnancy...is it normal???
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lower left back pain in early pregnancy...is it normal???

Hello, I am about 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  I have been having some lower left back pain for a few days.  The pain is mild and feels almost like a tugging sensation.  I feel like I am very constipated and bloated also.  I also had very few drops of light brown spotting on Saturday and then a little yesterday morning.  I called my OBGYN and talked with the nurse and she said that the spotting was normal, but at the time I was not having the back pain so I did not mention it.  Like I said it is very mild, but it is noticeable.  I guess what I am worried about is an ectopic pregnancy.  Does this sound like what it could be?  I don't want to over react and call my doctor again.  Any advice will help. Thank.