Pregnancy Expert Forum
Miscarriage or my period?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Miscarriage or my period?

I had a miscarriage back in 2004. I usually have my period anywhere from 26-28 days. Today made 31 so of course I thought I might have been pregant. I was going to get a test this morning. I haven't hurt or anything at all with cramps like I was going to get my period. Then it hit me about 9 this morning. I am hurting really bad only in my stomach but right now I only have light bleeding. Could it be another miscarriage or is it just my period? I haven't felt like this since I had my first one.
Hi.

Sorry to post here but no more threads allowed.

I am ttc my third baby, I ovulated somewhere between the 8th and 12th of May, my last period was 26th April and lasted 8 days. I am normally a 30 day girl regarding my cycle. I took a cheapy hpt last Thur which came back negative. I took the test as I had been having typical preg symptoms for me, sorer than average breasts and extreme tiredness and still have same symptoms now, my sense of smell seems very heightened too, i tested again earlier again with a cheap hpt and again neg, too soon possibly? Would a different test (clearblue or first response) pick up a pos now if I was? I realise so many women post similar questions to this and I am planning to wait until I would be due on now whatever but any advice is welcome.

Claire
hi it is possible you could be pregnant because i felt like this i done for hpt and they all came back negative it wasn't until i was takin into hospital for suspected pendicits that i found out i was 12 wks gone.
i wish you all the best.
I dont know what to do myself.  I thought that I might be pregnant with all of the symptoms floating around but to make sure i was going today to get a pregnancy test.  But last night I was awoken by me starting my period but I was cramping which isnt normal bc I never cramp when i have my period.  I was hoping that I was pregnant and nothing has gone wrong.
Hey ladies. Your comments all sound similar to me, although I have never been pregnant or misscarried. I have been spotting for 6 days, enough for pantyliners, and bad bad cramps, and now starting this morning : nausea. Pregnant? I don't know? My period is still 2 weeks away ! I've been taking birth control pills for 6 months and I accidentaly forgot a couple a week and a half ago, but I took them as soon as I remembered. Me and my husband are very normally sexually active, and then last Tuesday we had intercours and the next morning, I had blood on my underwear, and it hasn't stopped. I've been readng on the internet, and it sounds a lot like I might have a misscarriage. But I don't know. Anyone have any advice? By the way, I have a dr. appt tomorrow at 1:30 and I'm definetly asking for a blood test, and request an ultrasound just to be safe. I stopped taking ALL my medications when the spotting first started, just to be on the safe side.
Any advice?