Pregnancy Expert Forum
Missed Period, but negative Pregnancy Test

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Me and my husband have been trying for a baby for 6 months with no success. My periods are never a day late and always come every 30 days. I was due on my period on the 2nd April but to date have not had anything.

We had intercource on my ovulation date but have done two pregnancy tests and are both negative.
The first test was done 5 days after my due date and the second a few days ago but neither came back positive.

When i was first started my periods when i was 16/17 i had 2 V shape pieces of skin like substence left on my sanitary towell and im a little concerned that this is something abnormal which is preventing us from getting pregnant?

Could i be pregnant as i have been having some pregnancy symptoms but not sure if they are real or just my mind playing tricks with me or what do you recommend the best thing is i do?

PLEASE HELP!

Hi!
I ALWAYS recommend repeating the pregnancy test.  If you wait a week and repeat and still get a negative, you might want to visit your MD for a blood test.
If you were my patient,  I would give you some Progesterone to start your period for you IF your test was negative.  I would also start some infertility testing for you and your husband.  You probably just need more time, but a few hormone tests and a semen analysis are easy to do and not terribly costly.
Hope this helps!
Dr B