Pregnancy Expert Forum
Normal heart rate??

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Normal heart rate??

Hello

I am exactly 7 weeks pregnant today.  I went to an ultrasound today and I am a bit worried about the heart rate of the baby.  The baby measured 6 weeks and 6 days, but the heart rate is only 124.  With my other babies, around this time in the pregnancy they were in the 170's.  124 seems low to me.  I am stressed out and want some honest answers!!  HELP
HI!
Very early in pregnancy it is quite common to see low heart rates. From the reading that I've done, anything above 100 is considered to have a good prognosis.  In my practice, we frequently see heart rates as low as the 90s in pregnancies of 5-6 weeks.
If you were my patient, I would repeat the scan in a week or so.  Most likely it will increase to the 160-170 range and then gradually come down over the remainder of the pregnancy.
Congratulations!
Dr B
When I was 6 wks and 1 day  my baby's heart rate was 128. They said it was normal but did another ultrasound 1 week later to be sure and then it was up in the 170s. Ask your OB if they will do another ultra sound in a week or so.
Hi there and congratulations!  Sounds like a boy to me. Are your other children girls?  My girls heart rates were 160 and my son's was 120, of course that was before ultrasounds, back in the 70's.
I had an ultrasound on fri the 20/11/09 and bub had a heartbeat and a fetal pole, i then had another ultrasound on mon the 23/11/09 and there was no heartbeat even with an internal ultrasound i am scared i am having another scan in 2 days, is there still hope my baby is still alive? also my hcg levels went from friday being 25000 to 17000 in 5 days.
hdear doctor,
I'm 6 wk pregnant and i want to know how much should i increase my levothyroxine dosage from 0.1 mg that i take every day because of sub total levothyroidectomy i did 8 years age...Iam worried and can not wait till my blood test result comes...

best regards.
Hi Everyone...
I went in for an US monday 16th at my 8 week first sono and they found that my baby only measured 6w1d and had a heart rate of only 53. I am do back on Monday for a follow up sono. Everything I have read a reaserched is not very encouraging, so if there is anyone out there that can give me some hope.... I also have low progesterone 11.3 so I am now on supplements, which helped my progesterone a lot, it is now 26... now I am just hoping my baby is ok and makes it....I have read on many blogs that some women have a similar situation with low hr in the 90's... and are worried that this is low... I have heard of great outcome stories for heart rates just below normal.....a hr of 53.....???? dont know.
Hi everyone, for anyone reading this (though Im not sure anyone is since there have been no responses) I just wanted to give an update on my situation I went in for a follow up sono today. The baby passed away some time after my first sono....Im having a D&C tomorrow. Best of luck to anyone else going through a similar situation. This is the hardest thing in the world....But God knows why.
So, I went for a repeat ultrasound yesterday, 11 days after the last one.  The baby measured 8 wks 3 days, which is bang on and the heart rate is now at 164bpm, much better than the 124.  I feel so much better.
Thank you all for your responses
i have baby on 04 aug 2006 with csection.now i am agin pregnant what sholud i do so that i give normal birth.,