Pregnancy Expert Forum
One day period, had unprotected sex the day before

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Okay, I'm a guy. I had sex with my girlfriend, unprotected on Thursday. She had her period on Friday, but now today (Saturday) she hasn't had it again. Is she pregnant? I know this has to be a sign!

There would be no way to tell if your gf was pg at this point from unprotected sex 2 days ago. It takes 6 or more days for a sperm and egg to meet, divide, and implant and start producing pregnancy hormones. If she were pg now it would be as a result of unprotected sex a week or more ago. There is such a thing as implantation bleeding which occurs 7-12 days after ovulation.The earliest a home pregnancy test comes up positive is 9 days after ovulation but many women don't get positive tests until 14 days past ovulation.
So, basically I can't know until 2 weeks from thursday? Also, what's ovulation?
Ovulation is when the woman's ovaries relase an egg into the fallopian tubes. The egg travels through the fallopian tubes and into the uterus. If it isn't fertilized within 24 hours of being released, it generally is absorbed into the body. Sperm "can" survive in a woman's body for up to 5 days. If there are sperm present during the 24 hour journey of the egg, it can be fertilized resulting in pregnancy.
i would be more worried if you had unprotected sex a week before her period. that is plausable and would make the one day period sound like implantation bleeding.

you have to wait it out. sorry.
My daughter-in-law is 9 weeks along-baby due in February 2008.. 2 ultrasounds were done on her and they have found a tumor inside of her uterus.. This is inside with the baby.. I am worried but need facts and honest answers as to how will this tumor affect the baby? Is this tumor a threat to my daughter-in-laws life? It is the size of a baseball right now and the doctor told it will continue to grow. He told my daughter-in-law that he once saw one the size of a basketball.. This is her 2nd. child and she will be only 30 years in just a few days (July 7th.) so age should not be a factor.. Another question I have is, is this tumor flexable-will the baby be able to move, grow and develope physically and mentally in a normal proper way? I appreciate any help and advice you feel you can offer.. Blessings to you and thank you for this site and trying to help people..
i can relate to you. on my own experience mine is sex after my period. im also worried if im pregnant or not. i wanted to know. its like my period starts on monday july 2 then i had sex with my boyfriend on friday till monday. i wanted to know if i could be pregnant or not!?! or if i am not fertile on those days!?! coz i am not ready to get pregnant. i know its stupid but i just would like to know. please help me also.
Honestly, your DIL and baby's prognosis depends on the type of tumor, how fast it grows and other factors like that.  She will need to be monitored closely to see if the tumor is dangerous to her or the baby.  I would think they should be able to do a biopsy and find out if the tumor is cancerous or if it is just an abnormal growth.  Once they know more, your son and DIL are going to do a lot of thinking and praying for the right course of action.  If the tumor is dangerous to the mother, than unfortunately it might be best to terminate the pregnancy, remove the tumor and then start again.  It would be awful to go through the pregnancy and lose Mom or baby near the end because the tumor was allowed to grow.  It is also possible that with close monitoring, everyone will be fine and they can deal with the tumor after the baby is born.  Best wishes and prayers to you all.

A related discussion, Could I be pregant? was started.
I was using the nuva ring took it out on November 30th i did not put it back in. My period came December 3rd it was normal I came on again December 30th for one day it seemed normal but the next day it was gone. Could I be pregnant. I feel like I am having symptoms.
A related discussion, Is she pregnant chance ? was started.
ok heres the thing. i had a miscarriage on sept 13, 2010. had my first period 5 weeks later( oct 23) and it only lasted 4 days( oct 26). me n my fiance decided to have unprotected sex the next day( oct 27) and weve had unprotected sex 2 times since (oct 30, & nov 2). i took a test tues (nov 2) and it was neg. and i took one also today (nov 6) again got a neg, well since wed ive been experiencing pregnancy symptoms. lightheaded and dizzy constantly, frequent urination, headaches, back pain, extreme tiredness, severe nausea, feverish, slight blurry vision and low blood pressure. all which i had with my last pregnancy... i was just wondering if it could be too early to get a actual reading? and when should  i take one??? im not due for my period yet but i could still be pregnant right?? i got pregnant last time on bc and without havin a period for 3 months.. i ovulated without ever havin a period. this time i had one and was just wondering if i could be pregnant? found out last time when i was 2 weeks along. made it to 3 days shy of 5 weeks and miscarried. i hope to hear back from u soon. thank u. i really need ur advise.