Pregnancy Expert Forum
Period

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Period

What's the chances of getting pregnant on
Birth control and on my period?
Hi!
If you were my patient I would advise you that it is possible to conceive while menstruating, but rare.  Also it is possible to conceive while taking birth control pills, but rare if you are taking them according to the package instructions. If you are super worried, you could take the morning after pill
(Plan B or Next Choice), BUT I would think that might be overkill.
Good luck!
Dr B
I would say very slim!
There's always a chance as long as you're having sex x
Were you by chance on any antibiotics recently? That can lower the effectiveness of birth control and they always recommend using back up contraception. I know a few people who got pregnant while on antibiotics. Just a thought.
I got pregnant while on my period, it was the last couple of days but it happened... Now I'm 9 weeks and 1 day.
I had sex on all of my fertile days is there a chance I can get pregnant?
If your having unprotected sex, it is always a chance
I got pregnant with my son on birth control & didn't know I was pregnant til I was 12wks and that's when my doctor advised me to stop taking the pills. I was still getting my period normally ask I had no idea I was pregnant til I missed my period that 3rd month