Pregnancy Expert Forum
Period 6 days late, and 3 hpt negative results..could I still be pregna...

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Period 6 days late, and 3 hpt negative results..could I still be pregnant???

Hi, I had an oops about 3 weeks ago, and my period was due on july 8. It has been every second sunday for 3 months now after I stopped my bc pill in February. Today is now july 14th, and no period. I am cramping as if it is coming, but no signs of it what so ever. I took 3 hpt's all with a negative result. I took 1 on sunday, 1 on tues, and 1 last night. I am starting to get concerned. Could I still be pregnant?? When do you suggest I test again if my period still doesn't come?? What would explain the negative result if I am??? Thank you so much, I am going crazy!!
today i noticed a pink discharge, a few days ago i had intercourse. my period is not due for at least another week or so, could this be a sign of pregnancy??
today i noticed a pink discharge. my period is not due for at least another week or so. i had intercourse a couple of days ago. could this be early signs of pregnancy??
There would be no way of knowing at this point. You would just have to wait until around your period is due. What you saw could have just spotting in between your periods. If your next period doesn't come and you get a little spotting and nothing else, then that's early pregnancy signs, and you then should take a test. Taking a test too early can give you a false negative, believe me I now I am going through that now. Hang in there only time will tell. Are you trying to get pregnant??
Did you take the test again?  If so, how did it turn out?  
I am on the same boat.  re. negative hpt, yet i think I may be having light symptoms (light cramping and queasiness, more than usual dizziness, light headaches, high temps).  Is it wishful thinking or pms?

Every single part of me wants to believe that we are pregnant. I am irregular so I don't know what to make of it.  The opk don't work b/c they are positive for 2 weeks every time I try them and yet I do ovulate most of the time. Can I be psychologically holding AF from coming or can it just be that I ovulated late or...can we be pg?   Thoughts of it this past week have been non-stop. Today, I needed to know (39 past last pd).  My hand shook as I opened the hpt and my heart raced as I stared down at this little plastic applicator.  1 min., 2 min, 3min, 5 min, 8...10...15...20...One line.  If only another smudge of a line could appear. I held the test up to light in case there is a faint color I was missing...nothing.  I took a deep breath as I could feel a rush of disappointment rush right through me. DH asked me why I bothered to test. I said I had to b/c it would drive me crazy (again).   After a few hours of emotional swings, I decided to do what I have forbade myself to do since my m/c last year. I got on to the web to see what other women may be experiencing.  

This morning, I actually took my temp. to see if I even ovulated. Tempts were over 98 degrees (98.6 to be exact) which means I did ovulate at some point and so, I do not have to ask my Dr. for provera to induce my period.  

So, here I am, hoping, praying and wishing that the hpt are cannot pick up different signals my (women's) bodies are sending to us.  

Let me know how your results turned out.

I am having the same problem,I am about a week late on my period. I havent taken a test yet because people say it isnt going to show up yet. I wont to know if anybody knows when i should take a test. thanks
Well.  I am about 48 days past my last period.
Bought, a couple of pregancy tests (3), negative results (3).  I have had headaches the last couple of days, and some back aches.  

Keep me posted on your results.

Any advice for me?

i took a hpt a week after i was late and it said i was not then two weeks later i tested again and i am so yes you could still be
i am having this same exact problem and my husbad pulled out before ejaculation and not to mention i have a 7month old daughter and my period has been irregular since i had her i dont kno what to think i dont feel pregnant i jus been stressing alot i think maybe thats why can you help me?? i have cramping like my period is coming and that white discharge you know usually right before your period??..but my husband says im an hypercondriact ( someone who thinks they have something somebody else has just by hearing about it)
HEY I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP,I AM THREE DAYS LATE VERY UNLIKE ME,I HAVE VERY VERY SORE BREASTS SWOLLEN AND TINGLES,I HAVE HAD LOADS OF EGG WHITE TYPE DISCHARGE.I DID TAKE A TEST EARLIER TODAY BUT IT WAS A CLEAR BLUE DIGITAL IT READ NEG AND STRIP SHOWED 2 BLUE LINES? I DID HOWEVER NOT LEAVE IT IN THE FULL 20SECS MISREAD INSTUCTIONS.I AM VERY WORRIED AS A HAVE A TEMP,SORE EVERYWHERE AND FELT A LIL SICK EARLIER AND YESTURDAY.I WOULD ONLY BE A MOUNTH PREG IF SO...I ALSO HAD A LIL SHOW TODAY VERY SMALL BUT PINKISH IN COULOUR.PLZ HELP MY BOOBS ARE KILLING ME...25YRS:)
if you need to know go to your doc and get a blood test done, if you do a home kit your pregnacy hormone (hcg) will not be strong enough to give you a positive result if you are. i just found out yesterday that i was after 3 test at home that came back neg but after having 2 other children you kind of get a gut feeling and know all the symptoms of by heart. good luck.
hey everyone! i wanted to kno if any1 could help me...i am almost a week late for my period and i have been having many signs of pregnancy.  my last period was last month july 10th and 2 weeks after i had very light brown spotting but only when i wiped i would see it...then a week later and still i have been havin non stop clear sometimes whitish discharge like crazy and my breasts have been sore on and off and they just feel even bigger and heavier  and i noticed some like small bumps or pimple like things on my breasts by my nipples...i have been so exhausted lately like last weekend all i did was sleep and when i thought i had some energy i just would get tired all of a sudden...i have been peeing a lot and its so annoyin lol especially in the middle of the night...the other day i felt nausueas(srry cant spell it) ive been gettin some headaches and my lower back has been botherin me on n off....i did take 3 tests and all came up neg...just wanted to see what u guys think i would love the advice....n i havent been using protection w my bf either....plze help thanks all!
I am five days late and am usually like clockwork.  I have had a few symptoms of being pregnant...nausea and fatigue being two of them.  Yet, I have taken three pregnancy tests and have had three negative results come of them.  I have two children.  With both of them, I missed one day, took a HPT, and got positive results.  Could I be pregnant and my body just be acting differently with this pregnancy?
MY LAST PERIOD WAS IN JUNE THE DAYS OF THE 10-15 I STARTED HAVIN UNPROTECTED SEX NO STOP IN  THE LAST WEEK OF JUNE AN SKIPPED MY PERIOD FOR JULY AN NOW AUG....I TOOK A TEST 3 OR 4 DAYS AGO AN IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE...I WASNT TRYING TO GET PREGNANT NOW IM UNCERTAIN IF I AM BECAUSE IN JULY I HAD EVERY OTHER SIGN IN THE BOOK! NOW I JUS GOT LIGHT CRAMPING IM EXTRAMLY EXHAUSTED AN MAJOR STOMACH PAINS...ARE THOS ASSOCIATED WIT PREGNANCY TO? BUT ANYWAYS YEA STILL NO PERIOD...PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKIN ME IF I AM LIKE THEY CAN TELL OR SOMETHIN KINDA SCARY CAN I GET SOME INFO PLEASE ?
Finding this web site makes me want to shre my story now. I'm 23 and dh is 26, we have a dd who is 3, she was concieved while on bc and a comdom. I know this for sure b/c i mark everything down to be sure. At this point, i am 18 days late 6 test BFN and confused. We were not trying and I have NEVER been late a day in my life. We found out about DD through other random test, (surgeries and they required a blood test) I wasnt even due for period yet. Either way, I didnt have any morning sickness with her, bascially a great pregnancy. Seeing how the test ihave taken are all neg i am confused. I'm 18 das late, and feel so sick. I am very tired, cramping for the last 2wks like period was coming, i feel very Nauseous and never do, there is a creamy/white discharge which I dont ever have either, and some smells get to me so bad i want to just vomit. The sick symptons have been since Thursday and the discharge for about 10 days. (i mark it all, LOL) Although my breast dont hurt, they didnt bother me with my dd. Also my urine is very dark and i drink plenty of water so this had changed alot from 'normal', sorry maybe TMI. Well with that said what do you guys think? Anythign would be helpful, I dont have insurance and i really want to just get one or the other at this point. I even went to the clinic in town they gave me a regualr HPT and it was BFN also, they dont draw blood there to do it that way so i am trying to get the result myself. Anythoughts from women who have had morning sickness. I just dont know it somthing there makes bells and whistles go off. Thanks for the advice, Enjoy the Day.
I was on Clomid for the first time last month and all tests showed that I ovulated.  I'm not 6 days late but have taken 3 HPT's and they have all been negative.  I have every pregnancy symptom in the book, elevated temps, sore nipples, major cramping, freq. urinating, etc.  I went for a blood test today but will not get results for 24 hours. If I am preg, does that mean my HCG is too low to show up on an HPT and there is a risk of miscarriage?  Has anyone taken Clomid and it messed up their cycle?  I'm wondering if this is what has happened.  
Sorry, I AM NOW 6 days late.  Sorry!
I am 14 days late so I took a test and it came up negative but before I even bothered to take the test I figured that I should find out if the symptoms I was/am having were that of pregnancy.  The taste of metal, late or missed period.  Normally I have really bad mood swings for no reason but lately I have been so happy and nice and those are just some of them but like I said the test says negative and still no period. I don't know whats going on could you help?
Help, my last depo shot was Feb. 22, had intercourse with my hubby on 8-3-07 and since 8-7-07 I have been nauseated and sick with almost everything. I have lost a lot of weight and then while only eating a very little the same that I have been, I gained 3lbs in just a couple of days and it has been told that through the tests between the drs office that I am not, but I went through my primary who can only tell my that my rght kidney is swollen and they don't know why. does anyone know if this can also be a sign
Ok, blood test came back negative but I am 7 days late, still have elevated temps, lower abdominal cramps, sore breast, extremely tired, etc.  Has anyone out there experienced this before and was still pregnant?  
Please help if you have any kind of knowledge about people born with different reproductive systems.

I am more than a month late, but I am NEVER on time.  The difference this time is that I am extremely tired, my breasts are extremely sensitive, I'm constantly hungry but then nauseated at the same time.  I'm also very crampy.  I have two cervices not one, and since I've never been attempting to conceive the doctors never really looked at my uterus but they assume it's webbed and if I do conceive (the "if's" are the doctor's wording) I should have anywhere from 5-6 miscarriages before carrying a child full term.  I also had two surgeries to fix a vaginal septum and  have had a pap test come back positive and then negative after one surgery.
I have not used any protection which has only led to one miscarriage before within 6 years time in an extremely active sex life.  

So does it sound like I should get an HPT??????
I'm almost two months late, I have never been late, I taken 4 test and they were negative, what other reason can it be?
my last period was june 4th, and i haven't had one since. i get the pregnancy symptoms on and off. i feel like i'm gonna get my period every month but it never comes. i took 4hpts and all came back negative. i don't know what to do. last night my bf and i had sex and when i was cleaning up there was alot of creamy white discharge. could that still be a sign that i'm pregnant ?
2 days late so far
My last period was July 23rd, and I always start between the 23rd and 25th. It is now August 27th, and still no period. I have had cramping, headaches, fatigue, breast enlargment and tenderness, and nausea.  I took a HPT today and it was negative. I have also had a white thick discharge the past two days....does this mean anything? When should I take another HPT? Any advice/and or help is much appreciated. Could I still be prego?
Jamie
Oh and to add to the symptoms I named above, I have also been running fevers.....don't know if this is a sign of pregnancy or not.
my doctor started me on chlomid about 3 months ago and started to regulate my periods they have been on time and going good for the past 2 or 3 months.  I was suppose to start what i call the early bleeding on saturday august 25th and officially start cramping and bleeding normally august 26th.  It is the 27th and i tested i know that it is only 1 to 2 days that i am late but when i took the test it said negative.  Is it possible that i could be pregnant?  i want it so badly and that i have a feeling that i will start because every other time i have but i just would like to know if there is a chance that it is wrong...there are times that i have little cramps but no period. i am tired but i am always tired so that would not be a clure for me... is it to early for me to be testing?  can i still be pregnant? or is it more than likely negative?

Thank you
Britt
i have the same problem so pls help me im going crazy my period is almost a week late it should be on th 17th of aug. i dont feel anything like nausea, feel sick all related on pregnancy....... but still it make me crazy i had to used 3 hpts... and all negative... and now i decided to take provera..... it make me crazy cause i had unsafe sex with my bf on the 5th day of aug....and this is the first time i experienced to missed my period...........
try homeopathy if you are interested for homeopathy advise then email me
***@****

thanks
well to my dissappointment i started my period... so i am not pregnant... this sucks... i knew i shouldnt have gotten my hopes up i knew it wouldnt happen.. but thank you guys...

Britt
I'm sorry to hear your news. Don't give up hope! I just had a miscarriage August 10th, but I am still trying. : ) Just remember there are a lot of women on here in the same position, so if you need support you can always come here!
hi plz i need some advice. my cycle is 36 days long and i was due on the 30th and this is now the 4th and no period i have taken 4 pregnancy tests and all were negative. could they be wrong? or am i worrying about nothing. my fiancee has been ejaculating inside me for a while now could i be pregnant please help. xx
I dont keep track of my period, but I know that I had one in july around the 21st or so I did not have one in august, I have been a little sick to my stomach, I've had mild cramps, headaches everyday, and I can smell EVERTHING. I took a hpt last night and again this morning, they both came back negative, but maybe I did it wrong or It's just too soon! any advice would be great thanx

I doubt you are pregnant at this point... based off the dates you provided you would be between 5-6 weeks.  That would show on a urine test by now... you can take them when you missed.  If you are so positive the tests are wrong ask your doctor for a blood test.
Hope everything works out!
Some help would be appreciated...
I had my last period July 20th and had sex with my bf August 10th.  My period was supposed to start August 22nd but nothing.  I have never been late for a period before-even when I went off bc.
I have been bloated and my left breast is sore to the touch however, today I started bleeding.  I am confused as to what type of bleeding this is.  Is it possible to be pregnant and still get something similar to a period?  I have not been overley stressed at work and have not had excessive weight game so wtf?  I had a blood test done at my doctors last week and I am waiting for the results.
I am in the same exact situation. My last period was July 20th and it is now Sept. 6th. I have taken 3 hpt's and all have come back negative. The last one I took was a week or two ago so I am going to take one more tomorrow morning. I have been peeing a lot and bloating....cramps like I was going to start but didn't...and one or two days I felt super nauseas! And for real I sent my husband to the store last night for pickles and popsicles LOL. I was just wondering if for some reason those test were wrong. I want a baby so bad...maybe it is all in my head....:(
hi can anyone explain this or have similer situation. my last period was 6 days late one before was 5 days late, im also experiancin bleeding around ovulation. im tryin for a baby and would love any info.tanx
Can you please update me on your situation? I'm experiencing the same issue.

My last period was on July 29th. I'm usually on an average 28day cycle, except sometimes it varies +/- a week. Around the time I THOUGHT I would be ovulating, I experienced some spotting from August 15 til the 18th. Then on August 29th and August 30th, I spotted again. Which made me wonder if I was experiencing implantation bleeding so I took a hpt and it came out negative. I wasn't experiencing any symptoms, no cramps, no sore breast, no nausea, none of that.

Then on September 3rd, I started noticing a bunch of cervical mucus (CM). More than I normally see, even during ovulation. Except this CM wasn't very stretchy, it just globed to my panties or my finger...So I took another hpt-negative. This CM lasted about until September 7th. By September 6th, my nipples started to get sore and I started getting these lower backaches...only on my left side and I can only feel it when I bend down to touch my toes. So I took another hpt this morning...and again negative.

I'm a mess right now with this uncertainty.
A related discussion, intercourse on cd4 was started.
A related discussion, pregnant or is there something else wrong? was started.
A related discussion, NO PERIOD YET SHOULD I TAKE A PT?? was started.
A related discussion, i need some help please was started.
Hi I'm y days late. And I always have my period every 10th of d month or if not 2 days after or before. I noticed a lil blood when I took a pees. Am I pregnant?
A related discussion, Possibly pregnant?? was started.