Pregnancy Expert Forum
Please help. Is my boyfirend the father?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I messed around with my ex and had unprotected sex on Nov 21. I felt EXTREMELY bad after we started and after literally about 3 pumps (sorry if this is TMI) I asked him to stop. I wasnt too worried at first because I knew he hadnt ejaculated and I had also recently had a period.

I then had sex with my boyfriend on Nov 27th, 29th, and 30th. I later found out I was pregnant and went to the doctor on Dec. 31st. I had a transvaginal ultrasound and they said that I was 6 weeks 2 days. My due date was Aug 24, which means that I concieved around the 30th.

I went to another doctor on Feb 4. when I should have been 11 weeks 2 days. I got another ultrasound (this one not transvaginal) and they said that I was 11 weeks 3 days and changed my due date to Aug 20. This means that I would have concieved around the 27th. I know that sperm can stay inside you for a few days so this made me nervous about the ex boyfiend thing. Do you think there's anyway that my ex could be the father? This is tearing me up inside. I have read that early ultrasounds are usually pretty accurate, which make me feel better, but I have still been worried.
Hi!
According to my pregnancy wheel calculator, by either of the due dates you were given, you should not have conceived before November 25.  The timing IS pretty close, although from what you say about the encounter, its unlikely that your ex is the guy.  The true way to find out for certain is a DNA test.  These are easily available, and your doctor should have information on how to get one done.  The biggest problem with the tests is their cost--they often run around $1000.
You may want to discuss the issue with your current man, and decide how important the answer is to each of you--he may want the test and be willing to spring for it.
Good luck!
Dr B
bjkh
i am in a similar situation and if ANYONE responds to you PLEASE email me at ***@**** and tell me what you think!! as im sure you know it would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks and good luck!
From what I've read over the past year or two, sperm really only life in you for a few days, from what you've said, he didn't ejaculate, and even with pre-*** (hypothetical pre-***), it would only really live for about 3 days afterwards. So I think you're pretty safe.
If you're not sure, the best way (if you really don't want to confront your boyfriend) is to see if your ex is kind enough to take one of those home paternity tests. So that way, you can rule him out.
I agree with Ashbash250....it is looking a lot more likely that the current bf is the daddy..
Thanks a lot guys!! Really.
Hi, I think that you should tell you current b/f and have a dna test to be 100% sure. Honesty7 is always the best thing to do, even if the outcome is not the one you were hoping for. If you really dont want to do0 that for him, you should tell the ex and get him to do the dna test. That way you will still be 100% sure. The time between the two was pretty close.